Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving in Utah

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I'm pretty stoked to be spending it in Utah with my parents and sister and her family - this is the first time that I am meeting her new little boy! Jeff needed to come here to shadow a doc in Centerville, so we decided to make a family trip out of it, especially since Porter is free to fly for only a few more months. Making family trips after he turns 2 will most likely not happen, at least not while Jeff is still a student. Since this would be the last time that we would see any of my family before Christmas (except for one of my sisters and her family who we'll get to see for a few days after Christmas in California) we basically finished up our Christmas shopping for my family so that we could bring all of the presents here. I know I'm being a slight mooch, but we wanted to be able to include our presents to my other siblings in the packages that my parents will be sending to them to save on postage - hey, we're poor students...postage gets expensive. Anyway, I blame my lack of blogging and lack of doing other fun stuff on being busy getting ready for this trip and Christmas shopping. But now we're here and able to slow it down a bit. I love vacations, in most any form (but not really getting ready for them). Coming to my parents is just comforting and peaceful...I kind of revert back to when I was a kid living at home and I had no adult worries or stresses.


Porter on the plane today sucking away on his blue lollipop. Planes are the only place that he gets lollipops - they work great to keep his attention and help with his ears on take off.



By the way, flying on Thanksgiving day was awesome - the airports were empty, the plane was empty, and the roads getting to and from the aiports were kind of empty. Not only is it cheaper to fly on the actual holiday, but it is more stress free. For Christmas we wil be flying on Christmas day so I am hoping for the same thing.


Being Thanksgiving Day I thought it was only appropriate for me to say what I am thankful for. Here goes: First of all I am thankful for my Heavenly Father and the knowledge that I have of the Gospel and the blessings I receive each day for living the Gospel. I am thankful for my awesome parents who have supported, guided and loved me through everything I have gone through in my life, and for the perfect example they have set for what a happy and loving marriage is. I am grateful for my siblings and all I have learned from them and the constant support and advise they give me. I am truly grateful for my husband and the eternal marraige that we have...and for the See's Candies that he so lovingly brought home for me last night and I immediately chowed down on - that man completely loves me and knows how to treat me :). I am thankful for my adorably loving and fun son - he truly is my sunshine. I'm grateful for my health and the health of my family. I'm grateful for the job I have that provides us with a home for free, an income, plus all of the other perks that come along with it (even though I may complain about having a job and how I feel it cuts into my family time, I do know what a blessing it is to have it while Jeff is in school). I'm grateful for my education and the ability I have to easily learn more and find out answers to my questions. I'm thankful for the country I live in and the freedoms that I enjoy here. I'm grateful that I have plenty of food (I stuffed myself tonight so at the moment food sounds kind of gross) and water (I am dang thirsty right now but too lazy to get up to get a glass of water). I am grateful for friends who have been like family to me since I don't live close to any family. I can keep going and going, but this has already become too close to being a novel, you get the point that I am thankful for a lot, so I will end here.

2 comments:

Linds said...

We all have a lot to be thankful for. And tell Jeff to send some of those See's Candies our way.

ProudPapa said...

Very touching, Sweetheart. What a joy it is to see a beautiful daughter blossom into such a person as you are.