This was me at 5 weeks. This was just before I started getting sick. I was running/biking 6 days a week (I had been training for the duathlon that Jeff did, but as soon as I found out I was pregnant my midwife told me to not train so hard, so I couldn't do the duathlon,but I was still able to exercise), eating totally healthy foods, and enjoying life weighing 135 lbs and wearing my size 6 jeans.Then the horrid morning sickness hit me like a ton of bricks.
This picture was taken on Sunday, a mere 10 weeks after that first pic. I ate whatever would stay down (mostly carbs, and not the good ones) and spent most of my time laying down. Needless to say, I am far from fitting into my size 6 jeans. Since I'm feeling a little better I have been able to watch what I eat more, but I have still been too exhausted to really work out. But I know I can get back to my size 6 jeans when this is all over - my goal is by next summer, which would give me about 7 months after the babies are born.But I am finally hopeful for the future. My parents came to visit us for 10 days, and boy were they lifesavers! I was feeling like crap and was so overloaded with work, housework, and taking care of Porter that I could barely function. Enter my awesome parents. While they were here I always had someone to watch Porter so I could work or rest, I never had to worry about meals, I never did the dishes, I never took out the trash, I never had to go grocery shopping, etc., etc. I was totally able to rest and just regroup. They left on Saturday (sniff, sniff) but before they left they loaded up my freezer with good home cooked meals so that on bad days (such as today, unfortunately) I could just pop one in the oven and a healthy meal is ready. Man, do I have just the most awesome parents!
Porter absolutely LOVED having them here! I swear he has started to prefer my mom over me. Every day since they left he has asked about them, so of course we have had to call them and let Porter talk to them.
Another awesome thing about having your parents visit is that they take you out to dinner, multiple times :)
The day they left I was even able to officially retire my friend, the puke bucket. At the beginning of the morning sickness I literally had to carry this sucker around with me. Then after I got the medication from my midwife I was able to just leave it by my bed. And I have even stopped taking one of my medications...I'm too scared to stop taking the other one. I'm feeling a ton better, but not 100%. I was still having trouble until 18 weeks with Porter so I don't feel I'm in the clear yet.

6 comments:
You are so cute! I am glad you are starting to feel better...that bucket looks totally stylish-I can see you with that sucker on your hip now lol! Love ya;)
I'm glad you feel better! You should join my freezer meal group... or better yet, when your due date gets closer I'll see if I can convince everyone to make one extra freezer meal. That would give you TEN extra meals after the babies are born! Look forward to delicious meals in October (just to be safe). I'm brilliant...
-Alyssa
Amy you look great!!! I agree with Toshia...loved the bucket.
You look super cute already Amy :)
Cool bucket lol
~Jessie
that is so funny, I was looking at you on Monday thinking...when is she going to start showing? You look fabulous!
You look great. I still can't believe you are having twins.
Post a Comment