So the search for one began. When Jeff has something to research he goes all out. We had decided that we like the minivans that seat 8 people and have the middle row that is actually 3 separate seats, so that limited our options. We had originally decided on a Chevy Venture circa 2003 or 2004. We had test drove/looked at 5 different ones to no avail and were just going to look at one more and if that didn't work out we were going to look at different options. Finally on that 6th one it drove well and was relatively clean, plus it was only $5000 and we had the cash, so we bought it. Now, just our luck, as we were driving home from buying it the check engine light came on. To make a long story short, there was a huge problem and we were able to get our money back.
Now, I have a vision board (for those who have read "The Secret") and I had put a Toyota Sienna on it about a year or so ago. But Siennas are expensive so we hadn't been looking at them. But after our long search of cheaper cars we decided that we should probably get a little more expensive car that was more reliable, but we would have to finance a little. Since I had given my notice at my job we needed to do this quickly. And what's funny is that things kept returning to a Toyota Sienna. They have the three separate seats in the middle and the body style that is new right now is the same one from 5 years ago. So we came upon a 2004 Toyota Sienna at a dealership. It's white, looks great, and runs fabulous. It was meant to be, so we bought it for a great price (Jeff is GREAT at haggling). We love it. We got a 3 year warranty on it, plus it should last awhile anyway, so we should be good to go. With all that is going on in life right now we didn't want to worry about a car. So here are the pics. Pretty, isn't it?! Just click the pic and you can go to our picasa to see pics of the inside of the car. I have become one of those moms who drive a minivan, and when I was younger I had sworn I would never become that person. Oh well - minivans are just so convenient.

9 comments:
Welcome to the dark side...it is beautiful--Congrats!
We love our Toyota Sienna!! And yes, I swore I would never drive a minivan either, but eventually came to realize they are awesome!! You will love all the space and ease of reaching your kids, plus the sliding doors when in tight parking spots, trying to get a carseat in/out of the car and not having to worry about the door hitting the car next to you... love it! You will too!!
Dan will be jealous! He would love to have a van now with just the two of us!
congrats you mini van mom you! i think it's super cute and totally realistic with your 2 little babies on the way :) good work!
Pretty awesome yo!!!!
I thought you guys might have bought a new car when I dropped the berries off!! It is so nice!! I like it :)
I had put a Ford Edge on my vision board too and a year later we got one! haha, too funny,I didn't know how we would afford it either but it worked out!
So I have to tell you that I love my 8 passenger van. It has come in so handy to have that 8th seat. Congratulations! You joined the mommy world!! How could you not love them when you have kids?!?
Yay for Siennas!!! I love ours! You will not be sorry! My word verification is dingly. I think I have found my word of the day!!
I have to admit it; it is pretty.
Post a Comment