Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Outside

I am way excited to not be working anymore soon, but I am totally going to miss this house. The manager unit is a house with a garage and a backyard. That is actually why I even ended up taking this job. After I had finished managing before I said I would never manage again. But this opportunity came up and the house was just all too enticing. Last summer Porter was still a little young and barely learning how to walk so he didn't play outside much. But this year he absolutely LOVES playing in the backyard. And since it is fully enclosed I am completely comfortable with him being out there. Our screen door doesn't fully close unless you really push on it so Porter can easily go in and out without any problems. I can see him from my office window if I'm working or our personal desk is right by the screen door and we can see him, and there's a window right in front of the kitchen sink so I can look out on him. It is totally perfect. All I need to do is check to make sure there's no dog poop on the grass then he is free to play. And with Happy as a watch dog (ha ha) I'm not worried that anyone will jump the high fence and grab him while my back is turned...now that I mention that it kinda worries me...hmmm. No, but really he is totally safe out there and we are watching him.

So that's what I'm going to miss about this job, the awesome set up we have here. If you don't look at the ghetto that is in the front or the annoying apartment complex that is next to it then it would be perfect. But really, I love living in a house so it will be a little hard to go back to apartment living, but it will only be for 6 months. After Jeff is done with school wherever we move we will be getting a 3 bedroom house because the twins will be here by then and we'll need the room, and I can't wait because that house won't have the drawbacks that this one has - to remind you I'm talking about the ghetto busy street we live on and the apartment complex next to it.


Happy as can be.


This is his model pose.

7 comments:

Dani said...

Having a house, garage, and backyard would really make quitting kind of hard. Luckily we didn't have any of those things, so quitting was a breeze! :) Those three things are all definitely a necessity for wherever we end up next. Even without all those things though, I am sure you won't regret your decision.

Alyssa Phair said...

Thank you for the reminder on why we're excited to move there... and why we're not... :) Good to know the door doesn't shut all the way. MAINTENANCE MAN, WHERE ARE YOU?? Hahaha. Fortunately for us, we don't live in the nicest area as it is so we're pretty used to that "ghetto" feeling. At least you get to stay in the ward! I'm excited to move and automatically have friends!
-Alyssa

Linds said...

I LOVE having a backyard. I LOVE LOVE LOVE our house. It's small, but it's a house. We have a garage and not upstairs or downstairs neighbors. And did I mention I love the backyard. Love it!!

Shaun and Lindsey Reynolds said...

That is sad. We had some good memories there, too. And not to mention the crazy number of showers.

Jamie said...

I just wanted to tell you both how happy I am for you. Two more babies will be a wonderful adventure. I hope you are doing well.

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lee and Valerie Gunther said...

Yes, and we are all so happy that you have moved to Sandstone! *Welcome*