After much thought, discussion and prayer we have decided to quit managing apartments for the last 6 months of Jeff's schooling in preparation for the arrival of the babies. It may sound ridiculous to move just for 6 months because we will be moving in December anyway, but with how sick and exhausted I have been and with the high risk pregnancy of twins I just can't do it anymore. We will be working for one more month while we will be moving, but after I am done I can finally focus on my family and begin the preparation for the babies to come. Poor Porter has had to deal with a sick no energy mom and with my frustrations with work I have unfortunately taken it out on him. And summertime in the apartment managing world is our busiest time, and I definitely don't have the energy to deal with what is coming. Now I will be able to rest/nap when Porter naps, because normally I am having to work during that time which totally drains me, and I will now have the energy to play with Porter and do fun activities with him - to just give him the attention that he needs. And if the babies come early I won't have to worry about work or always have work in the back of my mind. I will actually be free to be what I've always wanted to be - purely a stay at home mom. You don't know how excited I am to have my home back and not be interrupted by people all the time and to be able to do whatever I wanted when I wanted and not worry about being home and awake during my office hours. Ahhhhh, the freedom of not managing apartments anymore - you don't know how excited I am!!
Seven Minutes
2 days ago

9 comments:
YAY!!!! I am so excited for you! That is so awesome. Hooray! Where are you guys gonna move?
That will be great for you! I really can't imagine having to work while being pregnant. Being a Mom is hard enough work already.
HAPPY DAY! I love being a stay at home mom but find tat it drains all my energy especially during pregnancey. You are a wounder woman for managing this long! I am so excited for you and for Porter, it's going to be great!
Yeah! That is so great! Best wishes for your pregnancy!!
Congratulations! Freedom is a wonderful thing. Enjoy it!
So you finally did it! That is AWESOME!! Seriously, I really don't think people understand how hard it really is unless they've done it (managing and being a mom) Im so excited for you! You are gonna enjoy these last few months!!
that's awesome!!!!SO..are you moving into Sandstone? pray about it! you'd have LOTS Of friends in here to help you if you did!!!!
xoxox
That is so awesome that you are able to do that!! I totally remember the feeling of knowing that I only had 3 more weeks of work. I am so excited for you!! You should have a retirement party. ;o)
I do know how excited you are!! You are going to love not working!! My cousin is pregnant with twins and just got put on bed rest at 30 weeks. You never know what those little babies are going to throw at you and they are definitely the most important thing (and your family). Not having to worry about work will certainly help. I am so happy for you!
Post a Comment