He was so excited to be having a party just for him. We had his party the Saturday before his birthday so leading up to it he kept asking how many days it was until his party and then until his actual birthday. Seriously, things just get more fun the older they get and the more they understand.
Just like with the girls' birthday we got cupcakes for Porter from this bakery that is owned by one of Jeff's patients. That made it easy for me because I didn't have to worry about making a cake or anything. I'm not very artsy so I liked the idea of having someone else make it and we didn't even have to pay for it...could it get any better? I think the cupcakes turned out way cute.He's been all about super heroes lately so he loved the batman and spiderman cupcakes. And you can't tell in this picture but those cupcakes are sitting on the way cute cake stands that my sister in law Julie gave me for Christmas - thanks again!
Also for Christmas another sister in law, Vicky, made this happy birthday sign and I love it! People kept asking if I had made it and I wish I could say I am that crafty, but alas I am not. We had a couple games involving balloons so we had balloons everywhere. Some had little prizes inside them.
We played games, played outside, watched part of "The Incredibles" (it's the only super hero movie we have) while the kids ate their lunch, then we all dug in to the yummy cupcakes. To work off the pound of sugar that is in each cupcake the kids played outside some more. Then we opened presents, which was Porter's favorite part, of course.I have two videos that I have tried uploading but it was taking forever and being a huge pain in the butt so I just canceled it. Maybe I will have more patience tomorrow or blogger will be cooperating so I will give it another try. Anyway, Porter had a good birthday that he still talks about and that makes me happy. I love that kid a ton and am so grateful to be his mom. Here's to another great year bud!



3 comments:
Happy Birthday Porter! Wow, I can't believe he is 4 years old already. I can still remember you pregnant with him like it was yesterday;)
haha too funny....
Happy Birthday Porter!!
Great post.
We've gotten balloons caught in the cieling fan, it's not the same, we'll have to try streamers :o)
Good job on the party, it looks like they had a great time. Way to go Mommy!
Post a Comment