Friday, February 18, 2011

Puke-tastic

This morning I got up early and went running. Everything was normal. I got back and was stretching downstairs when Jeff came down all ready for work and asked me if I had made some popcorn or something because it kind of smelled upstairs. I couldn't smell anything so I didn't think anything of it. When I went upstairs to take a shower I was definitely hit with a certain odor in the upstairs hallway that wasn't there when I got up - believe me, I would have noticed a smell like that. It was definitely puke and it was unsettling not knowing where it was coming from. We looked in the hallway bathroom, all over in the hallway and laundry area, and peaked into Porter's room, but we couldn't find anything. I didn't want to go in the girls' room for fear of waking them up too early. I hadn't heard anyone cry so I figured everything was alright.

When I went in to wake the girls up I was hit with a stronger odor as soon as I opened the door. I turn on the light and there is Simone, as happy as can be, sitting in a war zone of puke. She was covered in it, the crib was covered, it was all over the wall and the floor, and since their cribs are next to each other it was also in Scarlet's crib a little. It was disgusting, but I had to laugh. So after standing there stunned for a few moments trying to figure out what to do first I got to work. So guess what I spent a good portion of my morning doing? I know, you're jealous. I don't think that crib, or Simone for that matter, has ever been so clean. Of course I didn't think to take a picture until I had already started cleaning up, not that anyone would really want to see it anyway.

A few days ago after lunch Simone did thrown up, but it was just that once and she hasn't had a fever or acted any different than normal. She did sleep a little more yesterday and didn't have her normal appetite, but that was it. Weird. At least if she was acting sick then I would have some kind of warning. Serves me right, I was a puker and my poor mom had to always clean up after me, so now it's my turn. Joys of being a mother :)

No comments: