
Simone is all about copying what she sees. Everything that we do, like putting on this mask, she will later try to do. This girl is all about figuring out how the world around her works. Of course we as her parents think she is a genius :)

My cute little delightful ham. Scarlet is so fun and lively.

Double trouble. They seriously get into everything. Granted there are two of them, but I don't remember Porter getting into things nearly as much as they do.

Most of the time they are just so cute together. They will even go up and give each other big ol hugs. Their cribs are right next to each other and sometimes during nap time I will hear them giggling with each other. Or after I get them up from sleeping I will see that one of the girls has stolen the other girl's blankie or stuffed toy. Little rascals.

After Porter's birthday we still had some balloons around and Scarlet was just the cutest thing with those balloons. Seriously, such a delight, until...

...she totally got sick. Poor girl. The other kids threw up and were done with it. Scarlet on the other hand had a fever for about three days and now is getting over ear infections. She is finally getting better but definitely isn't back to her normal self whatsoever. She is blah and whiney. Poor girl.

We put Simone on this toy stroller and she couldn't get off of it for a few minutes. We just sat there and watched her struggle, ha ha. Hey, it's the struggles in life that make us stronger.

Now with this guy, being our first, every new phase is unknown territory. He definitely puts our parenting skills to work. But he is still just a sweet fun loving boy. He has this new thing where he always has his hand in his mouth. Always. It's getting annoying whenever we touch his hand it's wet or when he puts his hand down on something he leaves a wet mark. He's four years old for heavens sake, it's gross. But it's funny what he'll play with sometimes. There was an empty diaper box laying around and he played with that sucker for days. Or for his nap/quiet time he is allowed to take a few toys to bed and one day he wanted to take one of the girls socks that was laying around to play with. Funny kid.

We will put these pillows behind our back when we sit down so Simone did it the other day and was so proud of herself. See, always copying what we do. We better be careful :)

Since she has been sick she is always, and I mean always, wanting to be held. But of course I can't hold her 24/7. So when I put her down she will just sit there all sad looking in that same spot until I pick her up again. Since she has been feeling better lately she is more vocal about wanting to be held. I liked it the other way better.
No comments:
Post a Comment