
I've just got to talk about the awesomeness that comes with being married to a (soon to be) doctor. Any time I have some kind of medical issue or question Jeff totally has the answer or knows where to find it. Totally helpful. For example, this morning I woke up and was dizzy. Jeff had already left for school so I couldn't ask him about it right away. I thought it would go away as the morning went on. It didn't. The dizziness made the morning quite interesting. So I texted Jeff. He called and asked a few questions. There was a meeting at the clinic today so he was able to come home early for lunch. When he came home he did a bunch of tests on me to see what made it worse or whatnot, then after all the tests he was able to deduce what to do to fix it. He worked his magic on my upper cervical and lo and behold the dizziness went away. What a wonderful feeling. Just one more reason why I love this guy!

I really like Trader Joe's. It's crappy that the closest one to us is like 10 miles away so we don't go as often as I would like. But when we do it's a happy time, even for Porter - he always leaves with a balloon, and what kid doesn't love balloons. When I need to go Jeff likes to come with me - we like it that much. So today during his lunch we went. The best and cheapest place that we know about for healthy food is good ol TJ. And it was time to stock up on some stuff. Now Trader Joe's is a more health centered grocery store that doesn't totally break the bank, like some other health stores, which just adds to the wonderfulness of it. But we do understand that to get healthier food it is a little pricier, we have just decided that healthy food is worth the cost. But not all of their stuff is expensive. Anyway, TJ has fun healthy food in a fun environment. As we drove away today Jeff explained it very well why TJ is so awesome. He said that Trader Joe's is a celebration of food. Well said.

Insurance. It makes me nervous. I don't quite trust health insurance companies. Now, I'm not too happy with the health care system in America right now but I am not about to start up a dialogue/discussion about what is currently going on. I just want to complain for a moment. So, I have this mole/skin growth that popped up maybe a few years ago, but recently it has been kinda changing, which makes me nervous. So I would like to see a dermatologist. Today was the day I decided to just bite the bullet and make an appointment. But holy cow was that a mission. Apparently I need to see my primary care physician who can refer me to a dermatologist. I found that out during my many calls. I had to call 4 different places today, each time being on hold for who knows how long, before I could finally get an appointment. The health center I was originally assigned to can only make appointments 4 weeks at a time and they were totally booked. So I was going to have to wait until next week to call back to see if anything was finally available. That wasn't going to do. So I was finally able to change to another clinic location who can see me in two weeks. But after that appointment I still need to see the dermatologist, and who knows how long THAT will take. Anyway, after being on the phone for what seemed like all day I was just a little annoyed. I feel like with alternative medicine (chiropractors, acupuncture, etc.) if you have a concern you can see someone almost right away, but with MDs the wait is just so dang long. Ok, I'm done complaining now.
1 comment:
I too love Trader Joes. So fabulous!!
Post a Comment