Monday, August 31, 2009

Baby update

I had an ultrasound appointment today and the girls are both looking good! Their size is good and even and their heartbeats are nice and strong. Baby A's head is down on the cervix, so we're hoping she stays down there. Baby B is laying kind of sideways. As long as Baby A's head is down things will look a lot better for a vaginal birth. But I'm only 26 weeks so there is still hopefully a lot of time before they come.

I'm feeling pretty dang good myself too. This past week or two I have felt probably the best I have felt the entire pregnancy, just a little uncomfortable. The only problem is that the ultrasound tech said that my cervix is a little short due to the increased pressure of having two babies in there. I have an appointment with my doc on Wed (plus the stupid glucose test, yuck) so she will be able to tell me what this all means. Another doc came in today to talk to me and she said that I will probably come in next week for another ultrasound to see if my cervix is getting smaller. If so then it looks like the potential for bed rest is ahead of us. Which is funny because I feel fabulous - I guess as fabulous as you can for being pregnant with twins. The doc today did say that I should stop doing the prenatal yoga squats I've been doing in preparation for the riggers of the birthing time - too much pressure on the cervix. So we'll see what my doc says on Wed. Keep your fingers crossed that everything looks good so that I won't have to go on bed rest - that would drive me CRAZY. We just need these girls to stay in there for at least 9 more weeks, so of course I will do whatever I need to in order to make sure that happens.


Here are the girls!!

Baby A

Baby B

2 comments:

Lacey said...

I love this post, I can't stop smiling about your two beautiful little girls. I am so excited to meet them, they sure have cute little profiles. Do you think they look like Porter did? Congrates and we will keep you and the girls in our prayers!

Alyssa Phair said...

I'm excited for you and your baby girls! It will be sooooo fun!!!! Plus, they'll have a big brother to protect them :) Hope everything goes well and that whatever the doctor recommends keeps those babies in until at least 35 weeks! Woohoo!! It's going so fast!
-Alyssa