Monday, August 24, 2009

My future

So, I saw a little peak into my future today and I've got to say that I'm a little nervous. Porter and I were in line at the grocery store when I noticed a women in a line near us holding two little babies while also unloading her grocery cart. I kept trying to see if she had a third arm or something because I have no idea how she could do that. It turns out the babies were 10 weeks old. I was on the phone with Jeff at the time so I was relaying everything to him. After the lady had everything out of her cart she needed to load the bags back into her cart and get ready to pay, so she put both of the babies down into their car seats. Both of the car seats took up one cart while she had a second cart that was just for her groceries. As soon as she put the girls down they started to cry. I was looking around to see if anyone else was with her because how did she manage throughout the whole store with two carts and two babies by herself. But it was just her. An older lady next to her came and kind of rocked the cart with the babies to help the woman out while she paid. People kept looking at her, but not in a bad way, just in a "those are cute little babies" way. I couldn't help but stare too, but mine was more of a "how the heck does she do it" way. When she was done she just pushed the cart with the babies while she pulled the cart with the groceries. The whole time she did look a little flustered and you could tell that she didn't really do her hair or get ready that day.

That is totally going to be me, except that I will also have Porter with me. But thank goodness he's a good boy. He'll just be sitting in the cart with the groceries. When we found out we were having twins I immediately wondered how I was going to be able to go out in public with all three kids. I had kind of decided that I wouldn't go anywhere by myself with the kids for like the first year. It's at this time that I really wish we lived by some kind of family because that would totally help - oh well, not gonna happen anytime soon. But after watching this lady it gave me hope that it would be possible to do it myself - I may look unkept and flustered, but at least I could get it done. Here's to hoping I can keep my sanity.

4 comments:

Nicole W. said...

that was a little emotional to read...how do moms do it eh? women are amazing and you will be amazing too AMY! if anyone can do it, you can. I have faith in you..and I'll be here to help too not just cheer you on at the sidelines;)
xo

Daya said...

Amy we may not be blood related but you have a lot of "sisters" here to help you. We are never more than a phone call away!! Love You!!

Linds said...

You can do it. You are going to be awesome, you are awesome!!

Matthias and Jenn said...

There is a difference here Amy. You will have friends you can call to come and help. You have a lot of us. Just like Daya said we are just a phone call away. You can do it.