Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oregon State Fair

Jeff doesn't have clinic on Tuesdays (which may sound good except that that means he has clinic on Saturdays instead), just classes and today he was able to miss his classes so we decided to go to the Oregon State Fair. It was pretty fun, just perhaps a little smaller then we were used to. Coming from LA Jeff has always gone to the LA County Fair and I've been to it once too so that's all we had to compare today's to. Plus this is the first time we have gone with Porter. He seemed to like it, but not always the parts that we liked. Plus he missed his nap, so he wasn't the happiest camper the whole time, but all in all I think he had fun. Jeff and I had fun too. The best part was that we ran into some luck and kept finding money on the ground. Shortly after we got there I found $20 bucks on the ground. No one was really around but I went to the closest people and asked if they had dropped it. They said no and that I should just pocket it because how the heck would we ever find the person who actually dropped it. How could I argue with that. Then later in the day Jeff found $6 kinda hidden under some hay and there wasn't anyone around and it was in the walkway where lots of people walk by so we took that too - we figured we were just being blessed :) That money paid for our dinner! You can bet that we will be looking on the ground more often now.


Porter loves any kind of tractors or big trucks so we had to stop and see all of them, and I mean all of them.


There were lots of animals, but we didn't take pictures of them all. They smelled absolutely fabulous...but Ports liked them. You just had to make sure to dodge poop.


These sheep freaked me out. I know they had these covers on to protect their fur (it seemed that all the animals there were prize animals or something) but these covers just reminded me of something not too pleasant.


Once again, Porter had to see/climb on every kind of tractor he saw. It was hard to tear him away from these suckers.


This tent had all of these toys/games you could do and Porter LOVED playing in there. Jeff and I got totally bored of it after AWHILE so we had to eventually tear him away. This pic is of him playing with some cars. He's all boy.


Quality daddy-son time while I sat down...I did that often. Pregnancy is an awesome and wonderful thing, but I really can't wait to have my body and endurance back.


Just an excuse for a picture.


We walked around a ton so my feet were in dire need of some soothing/massaging. Totally worth the quarter.


This poor guy got completely tuckered out...so did Porter, ha ha. We had to make some stops on the way home and he just didn't want to get out of the car cuz we wore him out. He will definitely sleep well tonight, and so will Jeff and I. We're just not as young as we used to be :)

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Looks like fun, I love that Portor is getting a bum massage instead of the his feet, lol!

Linds said...

Ok that KKK sheep freaks me out too. Anyway, looks like a fun time.

ProudPapa said...

I like it when the kids focus and play with something for an interminably long time. First of all, it shows they don't have ADHD (and all that commotion is just high energy). Second -- well I'm older than you are and am quite content to sit and watch them (and rest) as long as they are happy to play.

KKK. Yeah, that's what it reminds one of. Couldn't quite put my finger on it.