Pretty awesome, isn't it. Okay, so I'm no Martha Stewart or that guy on that cake show on TLC, but at least I get an A for effort. It was chocolate cake with chocolate icing, Jeff's favorite, but unfortunately when he said he wanted 2 inch thick icing he wasn't kidding...I thought he was. So next year when I make his cake I will have to buy TWO tubs of icing. It sounds pretty gross to me but it's his birthday only once a year and he does love his icing.
I didn't want to put 32 candles on the cake but that is just waaaayyy too many candles, ha ha, so instead I just put 3 on one side and 2 on the other. Ports chose the yellow candles - he had been asking to use the yellow candles ever since we bought them.
Porter "helped" him blow out the candles.Then after we put Porter to bed last night Jenn came over (thanks again!) to stay at the house so that Jeff and I could go to a movie. We hadn't been to a movie in I don't know how long so it was nice to get out. Tonight we will be going as a family to one of Jeff's favorite restaurants, Jerusalem Cafe. So, as you can see, it has been a kind of birthday week. Oh yeah, Jeff got his birthday present months ago - it was his new totally awesome bike. Thus, no presents on his actual birthday. I love you bebes and hope you had a good birthday! Here's to MANY more birthdays to come!

4 comments:
A for effort is right! that cake is awesome, and since he gets such an awesome birthday week, i guess he'll have to wait til next year for that extra tub of icing! so funny how guys love their icing like that :) haha happy birthday jeff!
Thanks for your comment Amy, ya I know it will get better soon, especially when Elijah doesn't need to breastfeed anymore and Sophia gets older. She is more challenging than he is! I think my need for control is what is so hard. I was in so much control with one kid and now with 2 seems like I cant control anything anymore! Stuff happens when it happens! and that is hard for me.
Anyway, I love how much you are updating your blog now. hehe
I hope you are feeling good these days, not too much longer now! One thing with 2 kids though is that its crazy how much you can love the 2nd one as much as the first, more to love! And in your care, youll have 3!!
~Jess
Cake is just a vehicle used to get as much frosting in your mouth without feeling guilty about it. I think we'd all stand in front of the fridge and eat the whole container by itself with spoon if we could do it without feeling guilty.
Hey, as long as the cake tasted good, that's all that matters.
Post a Comment