Today I am 30 weeks. I'm on the home stretch. I had an appointment earlier this week and they say that I am doing really well. I've got to admit that for being pregnant with twins I'm feeling pretty good, but I can guarantee that if I was still working I wouldn't be doing so well. Having limited my stresses in life has allowed me to focus on this pregnancy and rest when I need to - such a blessing. The doc also said that the babies are doing really well! One is measuring about 2 1/2 pounds and the other is measuring about 3 lbs 4 ounces. Since they are fraternal and are in their own sacs then the fact that they are measuring differently isn't worrisome. One baby is just getting bigger quicker. The docs say that at this point with twins I am already far enough along to mostly be in the clear. The only problem right now is that Baby A (which is the baby closest to the cervix) is currently breach. At my previous appointment Baby A was head down (vertex) so I thought I was in the clear...apparently not. But there is still some time for Baby A to turn around. If by my next appointment, at 32 weeks, Baby A is still breach then they will most likely be scheduling me for a c-section, which is definitely not my first choice. After 32 weeks there's basically no more room left for the babies to do much maneuvering. So we are praying a ton that Baby A turns around. If Baby B is breach then as long as Baby A is head down they will go ahead and let me deliver vaginally.I have been putting all my focus and attention this past week on preparing for the arrival of these little girls - I guess you can call it nesting. Having already had a baby I know how much of my time they take as newborns, and since there are two of them and these girls could be coming pretty soon (or so say the statistics) I want to be fully prepared. Plus, while I'm still able to move around and am not too tired I better get as much done as possible. I should mostly be all good to go with everything essential this week. I am getting so excited to meet these little girls!


Me at 40 weeks with Porter versus 30 weeks with twins...hmmm.


10 comments:
Hey there hot mama! Love the dress;) You are amazing and I wonder every day if I could do twins...if anyone can, you can!
Wow, your face looks so thin compared to your Porter pregnancy pic. And, for twins, you really do not look that big, you look really cute actually. Anyway, can't wait to see those beautiful girls!
You look amazing Amy!!
Is someone throwing you a baby shower???? we need to have one SOON!! I want to buy baby girl clothes! lol...
let me know!
I was wondering yesterday how far along you were. You look awesome!!!!
You look amazing. I would have never guessed you were having twins.
So glad you quit your job! You sound good and HAPPY. What do these little girls need? Let me know.
wow, what a difference eh! It almost looks like 2 different people! Good luck during thses last few weeks!! So excited for you :)
You are looking great!! Good luck with the last couple of months.
awww! you look so cute prego amy! i love your little belly and i can't wait to meet these little girlies :) glad you're feeling good and enjoying the nesting! so exciting!
Look at how cute you are! I am so glad to hear that you and the babies are doing well!
Post a Comment