Thursday, September 24, 2009

VegFest 2009

I had heard about VegFest and decided that I wanted to check it out. It turned out that that weekend was when Jeff was out of town and my friend Gisella was visiting me, and thankfully she was interested in checking it out too. I am always on a quest to find out more info about eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle so this seemed right up my alley. Also, one of the speakers there was this woman who wrote a book I had read and I was interested in seeing her and hearing what she had to say.

All in all the festival was interesting but I felt that one of the speakers was a little confusing/harsh and didn't quite explain things very well. But there was a ton of different foods there that we got to try that were very interesting and delish, plus a lot of interesting info. I've tried eating vegan and vegetarian in the past and I've got to admit that I felt pretty dang good, but I still do like to eat meat and I definitely love eating cheese. But I do feel after a lot of my own research and experimenting with how different foods effect my body that not eating animal products would be a healthy route for me, again, but I'll try possibly easing into it and we'll see what happens.


This is the author that was at the festival. I brought my copy of this book and had her sign it - it was actually pretty exciting for me, which now sounds a little lame. Anyway, the best that I have EVER felt in my entire life was when I was reading/following this book. She not only focuses on what you eat (which for her is vegan) and exercise, but she also incorporates other things such as meditation, helping others, making time for yourself, etc. After the babies come I am hoping to reread this book and get back on track following it again so that I can feel totally awesome and energetic like I felt before. During this pregnancy I had just lost my focus on everything because it took all my energy to just get through the day. Anyway, this book made a huge impact in my life and how I looked/felt so I am excited to regain that focus.


This is my awesome friend Gisella who came to visit me while Jeff was gone. I am normally totally fine to be home alone while Jeff is out of town, but with this pregnancy I just wanted to make sure I had someone around...just in case. So she was awesome enough to come and hang out with me and Ports. Granted, we didn't do much (due to lack of energy on my part, ha ha) but it was good to just hang out. I have known her since I was 16. She lives in San Jose, CA so we don't get to see each other too often. Anyway, thanks for visiting Gisella, I love ya tons!!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

That sounds so awesome, I would of loved to go as well. I didnt read the book from cover to cover because my mom borrowed it but I liked what I did get to read. Honestly, my goal sometime in life is to get to that point. I do think it is the healthiest way to live, just very hard to do! Anyway, dont be so hard on yourself. I dont know one mom who doesnt loose track of things, especially her diet during pregnancy! But you'll get back, and then you'll be the hottie mom of 3 and feeling great!
~Jess

Linds said...

Hmmm, interesting.

Unknown said...

Thank you for attending VegFest. As an active volunteer on the planning committee and a Vegan Lifestyle Coach, it is great to hear that you had a positive experience. Best of everything and to hear about more Portland events visit the website: www.nwveg.org