It was about time for me to take the kiddies in to get their well checks so I asked around and found a good pediatrician. But they unfortunately won't see more than two kids at a time, so I had to go last week for Porter and then today for the girls. Annoying. Anyway, Ports went in for his 3 year check up and the girls for their 4 month check up. We moved around the time of when their 2 month check up would be so we just didn't do it. Whoops. Oh well, no harm done. Here are the stats:

Height: 38.5 in - 75th percentile
Weight: 32 lbs - 50th percentile

Side note - he saw this pic of himself and said "What's wrong with Porter?" Well, if you would do a normal smile you wouldn't look so weird. He still doesn't get it.

Pic is fuzzy, but at least I got one of her smiling :)
Height: 23.5 in - 25th percentile
Weight: 11 lbs - 5th percentile

Height: 23.5 in - 25th percentile
Weight - 10 lbs - not even on the chart
So the girls are small, but especially little Scarlet. She has another appointment in a month for a weight check. She seems content after eating and poops and pees plenty, but I just don't think she is as productive of a sucker as Simone. I've already been supplementing her with 4 ounces of formula at night. It kills me to have to supplement her. After having to totally supplement them the first five weeks of their lives until my own milk was good to go I was ecstatic to just be able to fully nurse them. But one side doesn't produce as much as the other side anyway, plus Scarlet needs to put on weight, so I've been supplementing for a week now, but just 4 ounces. Now the doc wants me to supplement a couple ounces at each feeding, but to do it with a sippy cup and not a bottle. She didn't really do well with the sippy earlier today. She has always been great with a bottle, but I don't want her to start rejecting the boob. Sigh. I thought I was all done with all this nursing headache crap. Oh well, hopefully I will only have to supplement her until she starts to eat solids. Simone on the other hand won't even take a bottle. I keep trying, but she has always just preferred the boob, which is fine with me. So hopefully my milk supply keeps up. Either way I will do what I need to do to keep these girls healthy.
2 comments:
I'm so proud of you that you are nursing twins. Wow! And a little supplementing is just going to help them remember how much they love nursing :)
Frustrating!! But the most important thing is that she grows. We as women, are queens of guilty. Give yourself a break. Nurse her as much as you can, and then suppliment. And screw the sippy cup idea, STUPID!! If she'll drink from a bottle, then do it. Nurse, and suppliment and DO NOT feel guilty about it. You have twins and I think it's amazing that you can nurse them at all. Stop beating yourself up about it. They will be just fine. You are amazing, and don't you forget that!!!!!
Post a Comment