Monday, March 8, 2010

Stuff and things

I have one big complaint about the house we live in. Apparently the people who built this house didn't know that heat rises. The heating vents on the bottom floor are in the ceiling. And upstairs all the heating vents are on the floor, which is great, except for in our bedroom where we have vaulted ceilings the vent is in the ceiling. What genius thought of that? So we have our house set to 70 degrees, which we would love to set higher but our heating bill was ginormous, and with it set to that we have to almost fully close the vents in the kid's rooms because it gets too hot in there but totally have all the other vents wide open, not that it does any good. So I'm pretty sure the ceiling for the downstairs and in our bedroom is nice and warm, but us poor schmucks who can't defy gravity are freezing down on the floor. But the kids are toasty warm in their rooms, which is what really matters...I guess, ha ha. The bonus room gets warm too, so sometimes I'm tempted to just hang out in there all day. My point with all this ranting is that I basically wear socks 24/7. I don't even like wearing socks, especially not to bed, but it's too dang cold not too. And most of the time I need to wear a sweater or jacket too, along with my daily "uniform" of pajama pants and some kind of t-shirt. At night we freeze. I bundle up to go to bed. It's like I'm camping, but without the whole being outside part. I can't wait for the weather to warm up, although it is pretty warm for this time of year, but I'm just tired of wearing socks.
These are the best socks to wear to bed. They are actually hiking socks. I have nicely pedicured feet that I did myself under those socks, but wait you can't see it because it's too dang cold.



My sweet Ports. I keep debating whether or not I want to put him into preschool. I would like a few hours a couple days each week to be able to spend time with just the girls, or heck, to just have me time. But cost is an issue for one, and also I know that I can just teach him myself. Plus the whole having to get him somewhere in the morning at a specific time, by myself, with the girls just doesn't seem appealing. And I'm not ready to have him be gone for so long from me. So I'll wait it out a year and just do my own preschool type thing, then see if I just want to wait until Kindergarten to send him off on his own. We'll see.

Oh yeah, so this is the type of bandage I have had on my face since the stitches were removed. Not too bad. Much better than the big white thing. A few more days from now and then I won't need to wear it anymore, but I may anyway when I wear make up (which doesn't happen often, I just enjoyed wearing make-up for church yesterday since it had been so long since I wore any so I decided to put some on today - it makes me feel pretty :) ) because I still can't put make-up on my nose. But it's looking better. I'm just nervous to have it exposed.



My girls. They are just so sweet and precious. I mean, look at them. Don't you just want to kiss them and hug them all day long?? They are more interactive now and I love just holding them and talking to them. You can tell that they are trying to talk back too and you can see the wheels turning in their head. They are both feeling better now, thank goodness. It's just so sad hearing a tiny baby have this nasty phlemy cough. Love you girls!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

The girls are adorable! LOVE their eyes! The house looks adorable too, I just don't always get around to posting comments. =) Sucks about the heat thing, sometimes Victor walks around our house with a jacket and beanie on, hehe. My two (unsolicited) cents about preschool....I have a (super smart) friend who didn't send her kid to preschool, and long story short, the kid had to repeat kindergarten and the mom had such a tough year and struggled with all these feelings of inadequacy. Of course everyone is different but that was enough to scare me into making sure preschool happens! Plus, it's so good for the social skills and getting kids used to school. Hugs and kisses to all!

Daya said...

Cute pictures!!! You can try getting those vent cover things. They direct the air. We have them and they work really well. I would say no to the preschool thing. We have such a short time with our kids before they start school. Why push them out the door even sooner? Ellie has done great with school and she didn't do any preschool and also studies have shown that preschool kids may be ahead of the game in Kindergarten but by first grade they are back to the same level as all the other kids. I didn't think it was worth the money. Also Ellie is full time school and I worried about how she would handle that having not done any schooling before and she LOVED school. She still gets sad on the weekends because she has to wait 2 days before she can go back. That's just my thinking. I hope I didn't bore you with my novel. LOVE YOU and miss you too. I am so happy that your nose is healing up!!

Jessie said...

Amy, you should consider starting a co op preschool at your ward. It has been FREE and GREAT for Sophia this year. All the mom's take turns teaching and it is held in the nursery room at church 2 days/week.
Also, about the hest thing, we bought space heaters and turned the heat way down, that helped. Its our Air conditioning bill that was HUGE last summer, I hate being hot, haha

Linds said...

Way cute kiddos! The heating vents in our house are above too. But it's not so bad since, it's not cold here. Sometimes I do miss being able to curl up on the heating vent on the floor with a blanket. I love that!