Sunday, March 14, 2010

Trials

Today Jeff had this work thing he had to go to so it was just me and the kids at church today - actually Jeff was able to come and take the Sacrament, then he had to leave. I was a little apprehensive to go because lately at least one of the girls isn't sleeping while we are at church (they are too distracted), then dealing with both carseats and lugging them around, plus for some reason Porter doesn't want to be left by himself in Nursery, which is totally abnormal because he has NEVER been that way. Thus the apprehensiveness. But I went anyway, knowing that kind awesome people would help out if needed. Sacrament meeting was a little rough, then dropping Porter off was rough too. I was having to hold at least one baby almost the entire time. But the amazing thing is that I was still able to get something out of church...maybe not all of it, but something.

They touched upon trials today and how we are never given more than we can handle and we always come out learning and growing. That caused me to think back upon my last year. I believe I can say that this has been THE hardest year for me. If you had told me a year ago, after I had just gone through a miscarriage, what else was in store for me I would have laughed because it just would have seemed like too much. I have been challenged physically, mentally, emotionally, financially and spiritually. And all the while things were pretty much sucky, but I knew that I could handle it because it wouldn't have been given to me unless I could. Hind site is definitely always 20/20, but I was still able to somewhat happily truck along and deal with things I never would have wanted to deal with or things that I never before could have imagined me dealing with. I knew the Lord had a reason for all of this and that he had blessed me with awesome friends and family who would help me through it. My testimony has definitely grown this past year, and I haven't been able to say that in a long time.

Part of the lesson today they were talking about sacrifice and where we have to sacrifice something in order to receive blessings. The teacher asked for examples of this and I immediately said that for me pregnancy is a HUGE sacrifice, in every way, yet because of it I am blessed with such beautiful children that the Lord has entrusted in me to raise. How grateful I am for everything I have been blessed with, including my trials. I feel like a stronger and more empowered person for "surviving" my trials. I am just hoping for a little break from big trials, if at all possible :)



The girls this morning before church. I don't have many matching dresses, and we were in a hurry, as always (but we made it to church on time, thank you very much) so this is the best pic I could get.


I just love these little kids! And look, with make-up on my nose doesn't look that bad, although there were some kids today who noticed and asked about it or made comments, but it actually doesn't really bother me. Love to all!

2 comments:

Abbey said...

I really appreciated your post today! How so true trials are. I love the pics they are so cute. Your nose is looking really good. If you ever need anything let me know!

The Logan Log said...

Amy, you look so beautiful in your picture. I couldn't even tell you had scarring on your nose, and didn't even know what you were talking about until I read further back into your blog posts. I'm sorry to hear about your carcinoma. I really need to start blogging again, I feel like a bad friend, I'm so out of the loop.
I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better though, and I hope you are able to realize just how pretty you really are!
Also, I thought about you the other day when I went to wipe my nose. I've been noticing that the make-up on my nose gets rubbed off so quickly during the day and I realized it's from my constant need to wipe my nose (allergies...sigh). Anyway, I remembered how you never wiped your nose, but instead you would twist up a tissue and poke it up your nose to catch any dribble. I thought it was a brilliant idea and I'm so glad you were able to show that to me.:) I'm sure my make-up will be much more durable from now on.
Thank you!
I hope all is well with your family. You guys are all adorable and I'm glad you are doing so well.
Love you guys!
Danielle