Monday, April 12, 2010

Last week in pictures

Simone keeps moving all over the place and getting limbs stuck through the crib slats while she sleeps so I had to finally put on a crib bumper. Scarlet's not moving around much so she still doesn't have one. I only had this one girl crib bumper that someone gave us so I have been looking around for another one. But everywhere I've looked so far, even used places, have either ugly ones or are just more than I want to spend so I'm probably just going to use Porter's old crib bumper. So what if it's blue, I'll just have to girly it up somehow.



Last week I posted Simone's favorite sleeping position. Well, this is Scarlet's. That thing on her face is one of those little animal blanket things. Each of the girls have one. Scarlet's is a bear and Simone's is an elephant. Porter chose who got which one when they were born. Love those cute little feet!



Weekly pic of the girls. We have a lot of dresses for them that we were given used so we don't really have any that match, not that they absolutely need to match all the time, but with twins you've got to have fun. Anyway, I've been playing a little dress up with the girls lately. But since it's still cold here, and cold in our downstairs, I don't really have them wear dresses too often.



The first pic Porter drew that actually made sense. This is a car with the two back wheels that are squished. I think we have a little budding Picasso on our hands :)



Porter keeps falling and hurting himself, as most boys do. But this week he just kept doing it and his face was all scratched up. I felt like wherever I went I had to explain to people that we didn't do this to him. But he has scratches on his chin from falling over on a dining chair, his cheek is from when he slid down a few stairs that are carpeted, and on his jawline he has another random scratch that just suddenly appeared. Then you add in bruises on his forehead. Not sure how well you can see all that, but it's there. Poor accident prone kid.



This is a duck.


To celebrate my birthday we went out to this restaurant on Saturday, just Jeff and me. It was a much needed and long overdue date. The food was pretty dang delicious and we had a gift certificate so it was free. :) We had an awesome time! It was good to take a little time out to spend some quality time with my hubby and not be in mommy mode.

Basically these weekly posts, which I hope to be able to keep up on, are a quick rundown of my week of what I actually remember to take pictures of. Also last week, along with playgroups and our normal story time at the library, we also had some friends and the missionaries over for dinner, but I didn't get any pics. Anyway, I feel like I am finally finding my place here in Post Falls and feeling like it is really becoming home.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That's so cute that the girls like to sleep with their faces covered. Ryan used to do the same thing!! Your family is adorable!

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

So glad that you're finally feeling at home there. Things sound like they're going good. You're handling twins very nicely. And you have some pretty cute kids.

Linds said...

So glad you are starting to feel at home. And I thought the scrapes on Porter's face were just marker. No big deal, kids are always falling and getting bonks and scrapes.