Friday, April 9, 2010

Old?

Wednesday was my 30th birthday! And no, 30 is not old. I was actually excited to turn 30 - my oldest sister had only awesome things to say about being 30. Then the actual day came and I have to admit that I was a tiny bit sad about being 30. Then yesterday I read this deal where you can get a free shirt at Aeropostale, but as I read further you have to be 13-29 years old. That was when I officially felt older. Plus my actual b-day was a little uneventful because Jeff had to work all day and then had to go to scouts, and since we just moved here I didn't want to have a party or anything. But we are going on a date tomorrow night so it's all good. It will be the first time that I have left the girls with anyone who wasn't family. Yikes. But we were given a gift certificate from the other chiropractor that Jeff works with for the restaurant we are going to so the meal will be free. Woot woot! Pretty awesome, eh? Thanks a bunch!

I have basically reached all of my goals that I wanted to accomplish by the time I was thirty, except for owning a home. But we will buy a home sometime in the next few years, when we know for sure where we will be settling down for the long haul. My goals were the normal ones: travel, graduate college, get married and have kids - check, check, check and check. Now for my goals for the next ten years. Here they are in no particular order:

- Buy/build our dream home
- Run a marathon
- Travel some more
- Learn Spanish
- Keep growing spiritually
- Continue to be an awesome wife and mother :)

I am now thirty, flirty and thriving (or fabulous, or fun - however you want to say it) so I am going to live life to it's fullest and enjoy being thirty. And now, in my increased years, you may refer to me as Amy the Wise.

11 comments:

Nicole W. said...

You are so funny!!
I LOVE being 30....oh crap, wait...nope I love being 31!!!! see, i've lost track it's so much fun:)
those are all great goals too Amy!

Happy Birthday!!

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

I turn 30 this year too...I'm trying not to think about it. My perfect act was 25 and every year since when my birthday comes around it just gets harder and harder. :)

Did you ever think we would get this "old"?

Toshia said...

Happy Birthday Amy the wise! Have fun going out with Jeff and accomplishing all your goals:)

John said...

You make me excited to want turn 30 now! Seems so much cooler! haha 2 more years! Happy Birthday :)

John said...

Its Jessie, not John lol

Sabby said...

Happy late Birthday! And I totally agree 30 is NOT old and it IS great! Enjoy!

Holly Lujan said...

Good for you to celebrate and be happy about being 30!! It is frustrating when women get so down about age...it is just a number! Enjoy being 30!!

Linds said...

Man, you are old!! J/K! Happy birthday. Hope you had a good time on your date.

Michelle said...

Find comfort in the fact that no matter how old you get, your brother and sisters will always be older. Love you bunches!

Living Green said...

Happy Birthday! I am right behind you and not looking forward to it. Oh well, it's just a number right?

JoAnna said...

Happy belated birthday! I found that the anticipation was bad but 30 isn't. :)