
I'm back to wearing a bandage again, for a little bit. Don't mind the no make-up look. I went to the doc today so they could check out the scarring on my nose. It was bumpy on the edges where the graft met the regular skin so I knew they would have to even it out. When they talked about sanding it down they weren't kidding. They have medical grade sandpaper and to fully even it out he had to do basically my whole nose. It felt like he was really going at it. During the procedure a small part was either not fully numbed or it was starting to wear off. Fun. It should take about 7-10 days for it to heal. I don't go in again for three more months where they will check the scarring and see if they need to even it out some more or not and they will also do a full body scan to look for any more potential skin cancers. I'm almost done with all of this.

This is what it looked like yesterday. Not the best pic but you can see the raised edges of the graft. Because of my fair skin it will take awhile for the redness to go down, especially after the sanding today. My neck where they took the skin is still pretty red too. So I'm hoping by the end of the year to look normal again :)
2 comments:
You're still gorgeous like you always have been!
You are such a trooper :)
Post a Comment