My boys surprised me with these. Perfect. Tulips are my favorite. Jeff also made me some eggs and chorizo for breakfast - it was delish.We went to church and they always give something out to the moms, but it could be a number of things. Sometimes it a muffin, cookie, flower, plant, etc. So I was a little worried about what this ward would give since it's our first Mother's Day here. They didn't disappoint - it was chocolate!! I saw the ward after us getting their gifts ready and saw that it was a plant. Soooo glad I wasn't in that ward :) Let me explain why I say this - when I have received plants in the past I always kill them, plus you can't eat plants...well kind of, but they're not as good as chocolate! I was a little disappointed that they didn't really talk about moms at church. Normally they center it around moms and what an awesome mom is, and it's a total tear fest. But not this time. Oh well.
I wanted to get some pics of the kids, plus it was a nice day, so we had a little photo shoot.
I hadn't ever had a tres leches cake so Jeff wanted to make me one for Mother's Day. But instead of the normal white kind (which is the only one I have ever seen) he wanted to make a chocolate one, seeing as how he is the biggest chocolate lover I have EVER seen. But this cake has many steps to it and is a process. So it took some time and made a mess in the kitchen (I left that mess until Monday to clean up - I wasn't about to clean on Mother's Day). And it was the absolute most chocolatey thing I have ever had. Plus it is WAY bad for you, but oh so good. Hey, calories don't count on Mother's Day, right?
Me with my kiddies. Weird smile on Porter, but that's the best we could get. Holy cow, I love these kids so much.
They are the reason I get to be honored on this day. What's funny is that on Mother's Day it's traditionally celebrated by having the mom rest and the dad take care of everything, including the kids. So it's kind of like Mother's Day is the day that we get to have the day off from being a mom. Hmm.

I couldn't go without talking about my own mom on Mother's Day. I was blessed with the absolute best mom ever. She will do anything for her kids. This last year has really proved that to me. When I found out I was pregnant with twins she immediately began to worry about me and my safety/sanity. I get my worrying from her. But at the beginning when I was just so sick but still having to manage apartments, plus be a wife and mother, she decided to have her and my dad come and help out, and it was a life saver. Then they were with us helping out when the babies were born for 2 1/2 weeks. Then again when we moved to Idaho they came for a week to help out. During that trip we found out I couldn't have my skin cancer surgery yet so my mom said they would come back, again, to help out when I had my surgery. They came that time for about 10 more days. Holy cow, whenever I need her she is ready and willing to help, even if I won't admit that I need help. Both she and my dad keep saying that I need to live closer. They love their kids so much. My mom's mom passed away a few years ago so Mother's Days are pretty hard for her now. I totally understand, because I don't know what I would do if I ever lost my mom. She is my example, my role model, my biggest supporter. I love you mom!!




3 comments:
Glad you had a great Mom's day.
They talked about moms in my sacrament meeting but the speakers were very careful to include all women - not only those who have been blessed to have children. Mother's Day is a hard day for me...but the last couple of years it hasn't been too bad.
My worst Mother's Day was five years ago. I was nine days late and I was really hoping that I was pregnant and I started Mother's Day morning...then at church they asked all "mothers" to stand - not all "women". I had to get up and leave...I was so upset.
Luckily since that day the bishopric have been really good with asking all women to stand.
Oh the kiddos are cute. The sky looks beautiful because you are used to Portland where the sky is ALWAYS gray.
I have seen that expression that Simone (I think) has on her cute little mug before.
It was my kindergarten photo! Camera's were, and still are to some extent, the Devil!
They are both too darn cute, you got bars on the windows, right?
Hey, get in on my giveaway! I am sure that those cuties love yogurt :)
Post a Comment