Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Adventuring

I recently had some sort of stomach flu and was sick for a week. I felt like death and got totally behind on everything, thus why I haven't posted anything in a few weeks. Thank goodness no one else got it. On the upside, I lost a few pounds from it. By last Saturday I was back to good health and mostly caught up on things so we decided to go on an adventure and check out this new place that we now live. So we went north to Bonners Ferry, Schweitzer and Sandpoint.

Bonners Ferry had this bakery that made these cinnamon buns we had heard about so of course we had to try it. By the time we got there they had run out. But when they heard that the reason we had gone there was for the scrumptious buns they so thoughtfully whipped us up some, and they didn't disappoint. Didn't get a picture of it though.


Drive up there. Beautiful - the scenery, not me...okay, well me too, ha ha. I'm totally kidding, I'm not that vain. No really, I'm not.



More prettiness. Cute little calf following it's mother - ah, the joys of nature.



Flying Scarlet.



Apparently we hadn't taken any pics of Simone that day, so here's a pic from today. We couldn't leave her out :)



While I nursed the girls Jeff took Porter on little walking adventures. Looked like fun. But the girls and I had fun in the car. I have become a pro at nursing the girls at the same time in the car without a nursing pillow.








This is at Schweitzer Mountain Resort. We just wanted to check it out. We will definitely be heading back this summer for the awesome summer events they will be having.











Then we went to New York, ha ha. This was in Sandpoint when Jeff and Porter did some more adventuring while I fed the girls again.



It kept raining on and off all day so we got to see some awesome rainbows.


It was a fun and full day. This was the first little trip we took as a family of five...moving to Idaho didn't count. There's tons more places to check out so we will be doing this more in the future. Good times!

5 comments:

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

My MTC companion was from Sandpoint. :) Isn't Idaho beautiful...well at least in the spring?

Jessie said...

LOVE Porter's hair! Too cute! And isn't just getting away nice? You'll have to show us around sometime up there because every time we've driven through Idaho all we smell is cow.... lol jk but really, I would love too see the beautiful places.

Jenni said...

Hurray! It must be so nice to get out for a little bit with the whole family.

Linds said...

So fun! I love little day trips.

Clinton and Danielle said...

I love the pictures!!! How pretty! It did my heart good to see pictures of your family :)