Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Flower fingers

Sweet little Scarlet. As she gets older she is turning out to be a shy little girl. When the attention is on her, even if it's just us at home, she'll put her head down and kind of hide her eyes, then with her head still down she'll look back up to see if we're still looking at her. She used to do that as a baby and sometimes I felt that with that look it seemed like she didn't like me. Weird, I know. But now I see it's just her being shy.

And she is very attached to mama. She always wants to be with me. If she is in her highchair eating and I leave the kitchen just for a second she cries until she can see me again. When she's not in her highchair she's free to just follow me. Except when I go upstairs real quick and the gate is at the bottom of the stairs and she can't follow me, she'll cry until I come back. And that also means that while she is awake I can't have a quiet moment to myself while using the bathroom. Either I close the door and she freaks out or I leave it open and she hangs out with me while I do my thing, followed closely by Simone, and sometimes Porter. So it turns out being a little party in the bathroom. And if someone else wants to hold her or if we need someone else to hold her, well she's never too happy with that. Hopefully she'll grow out of this because I can't always be with her 24/7. What's funny is that Simone seems to be the opposite. She's fine to be doing her own thing most of the time, not worrying about where I am, and if someone else is holding her she's cool with it. I hate to compare siblings, but with twins it's bound to happen. But of course I just love both of my sweet girls to pieces. Their unique personalities are growing and developing each day and they are both incredibly endearing.
Scarlet will do cute things like this and be so proud of herself. Love it!

1 comment:

Amy said...

They are so cute.
I get the bathroom thing too. I don't know why they are so freaked out that I might go in and never come back. My older girls complain that I don't shut the door but then the little ones scream or open the door if they can. I can't win.