This morning before we had to go run some errands I pulled my hair back, put a flower in my hair, and put a pretty necklace on (not wearing any makeup, as always, ha ha) and Porter said "Mom, you look so beautiful, more beautiful than before." Then he went on to say over and over how beautiful I looked, all because I had actually done my hair and put on a necklace. It's sad, I guess I never really do myself up anymore and Porter actually notices. I always get prettied up for church, but like I said a few posts ago we didn't go last Sunday because the building had been flooded and then the Sunday before that we were all sick as dogs, so I actually haven't worn makeup or done myself up in weeks, yes weeks. How sad is that? But today with my necklace on and the flower in my hair I do feel pretty. I guess I should put a little more effort in.
Right now I am getting over having mastitis. This is the first time I have had actual mastitis while nursing the girls. But I've had a plugged duct a few times. It didn't completely floor me this time like it did when I was nursing Porter, but it still wasn't fun. My body was able to take care of it better because my neck was in alignment (thanks Jeff!) and I have been exercising, eating healthy, and taking my vitamin D so my immune system was working properly. I didn't have to take any antibiotics, thank goodness, because by the fifth time of taking it (all due to mastitis) while nursing Porter my body freaked out, so I avoid antibiotics like the plague now. But seeing as how the girls are already 15 1/2 months I think it's time to start weaning them. It kind of makes me sad because I love the snuggle time and bonding with them, but I am also kind of excited to be done with it. I had already cut the girls down to just nursing them 3 times a day, but now I'll speed up the weaning and will probably be done by the end of the month. I had wanted to nurse them through the winter to help with their immune systems during the sick season, and by the end of the month it will be spring so that works out perfectly.
Having been sick from mastitis this week put a damper in my exercising. I am planning to do a half marathon in May and with me sick this week and Scarlet sick last week I haven't had a great start to my training. But I will be picking it back up next week and hoping for the best. I did get a few good runs in this week and it's amazing how good I feel afterwords. So not being able to work out anymore this week has been a big bummer. Here's to hoping no one else gets sick!
I totally lost it with Porter earlier today. Not my proudest parenting moment, but holy heck, his age right now is challenging. He was such a great kid up until he was 3, but the past few months have been the most challenging. I find myself in situations, Jeff too, just thinking how the heck do I handle this? I haven't read any parenting books recently so it looks like I need to bust those out again and reread them. I had read them when Porter was younger but he was such a good kid anyway so I guess I didn't pay as much attention to it as I need to now. My favorite has been Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood, but apparently I'm really rusty. I'm hoping that with the help of that book, plus a lot of prayer and patience, I can get things all figured out. But in the mean time any tips would be much appreciated :)
The Joy of Falling Behind
6 hours ago

1 comment:
Half marathon training can take so much time! I got up to 8.5 miles and then with work I had to stop training :( I will have to live through you! Good luck, you'll do awesome!
Post a Comment