Sunday, March 6, 2011

Naptime and snacktime

When getting ready for naptime I always do the same things so of course by now the girls definitely know when it's coming. For the past week or so as soon as we get into their room and I start setting the nap mood in the room Simone starts to get upset. She loves being free to explore toys and figure things out so apparently the thought of going to bed is torture for her. Right before I put the girls down in their cribs I hold one in each arm and sing a few songs while rocking back and forth. On one side is Scarlet who quietly has her head on my shoulder and is all snuggled up to me, while on the other side is Simone who is crying, arching her back, and wiggling all over the place. Having a child do that while you are holding them is not only annoying but dangerous because you could easily drop them. But it's even more difficult because I only have one arm to hold her. So it's an upper body workout for me. Now you may be thinking, why don't I just sit down and rock them in the chair while singing to them? First of all they associate that rocking chair with nursing so that only makes them more upset, but when I'm sitting down that gives Simone more leverage to kick off of the chair and wiggle all over the place. It's only a recent thing and I don't want to stop our tradition of cuddling and singing. And what's funny is that right when I put her down in her crib she calms right down. So that makes me wonder...could it just be my singing that she doesn't like??


Ahhhh, snacktime. A post naptime toddler enjoyment. We use these little snacktrap cups which are pretty dang handy. The girls can feed themselves from it, the lid keeps most of the stuff in the cup, and it's mobile. They love walking around with their snack cups doing their thing. But of course I only put non messy things in their because with two toddlers it could get messy real fast. And nothing beats a nice sippy of cold water to go with it.


No comments: