This week I really came to the realization that the girls are done taking their morning nap. It was a sad moment. I may still put them in their cribs for some quiet time for maybe 45 minutes every now and then, but most days they're just not diggin that. Porter stopped taking his morning nap around when he was 20 months. The girls are almost 17 months so I was hoping for a few more months of morning naps, but alas that just won't happen. When Porter's not at preschool I have that morning time with just him and me, and when he is in preschool that's me time. Well, not anymore. At least I still have the afternoon nap. But with no morning nap needed everyday that frees up some time to go have fun. Since it's windy and a bit chilly today we went to the mall to play in the kids play area. I guess it has been well over a month since we last went there because now that the girls are completely walking they are more mobile and curious about what's far away from them. Today that meant I was constantly chasing them as they kept trying to escape the play area. Little stinkers. I was hoping to go there and be able to sit and relax while the kids ran around and burned off some energy, but I ended up being the one running around the most chasing two toddlers. I already went on my run this morning girls, I didn't need anymore exercise. So we didn't stay there as long as I had hoped because I was done chasing them around. But it was still fun and I have the pics to prove it. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of Porter because he was busy running around with all the bigger kids.
I was able to keep them contained for a short while in this boat thing so I got a little break from chasing them around. But then they figured out how to crawl out and the chase was back on.
So fun! HOW do you get the bows to stay in the girls' hair? Addy will just pull hers out anytime I put anything in it. Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a fantastic day!
1 comment:
So fun! HOW do you get the bows to stay in the girls' hair? Addy will just pull hers out anytime I put anything in it. Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a fantastic day!
Post a Comment