Friday, April 29, 2011

Simple Easter

We kept things simple this year as far as the Easter celebration goes. Or maybe I was just feeling lazy. Either way, it was pretty chill. Jeff had been in Utah getting things all figured out for our move and he came home on Easter day early in the afternoon. Church for that morning was Stake Conference and there was no way I was going to brave those solid two hours by myself with the three kids, so we played hookey (sp?) and didn't go. That morning when Porter got up he did a small Easter egg hunt inside the house, before the girls got up, with plastic eggs filled with some fake bugs and chocolate eggs that the Easter bunny hid. Then we watched a few short clips about Easter on YouTube and LDS.org. The girls are still pretty young so next year we will involve them in this part. Later that morning Porter drew some Easter pictures and we all played with Easter stickers. After Jeff got home I wasn't feeling like actually dying the eggs so we were lazy and just decorated them with stickers. Then Jeff hid those eggs, along with the plastic eggs again, outside and we did another Easter egg hunt outside with all the kids. That night at bedtime we talked again about the Resurrection and what Jesus Christ did for all of us. I wanted to make sure the focus for Easter wasn't about receiving tons of gifts and endless amounts of chocolate, but about what our Savior did for us and that He lives again.

Our eggs may be colorless (yes, I was lazy), but they are still decorated, so there.


What the Easter bunny brought.

No comments: