It's been awhile since I had the hiccups. But when I get them they bug me. A long time ago I had heard or read somewhere about a way to stop hiccups when you get them. I've tried the whole holding your breath or scaring the hiccups out of you, but in the past those have never worked. So when I had heard about this other way I made it a point to file that piece of info somewhere in my brain to use when I had the hiccups again.
Well, last night I got the hiccups. Jeff has boards this weekend so he was in bed way early last night, and since today was Saturday and I didn't have to work I was going to sleep in and just work out during Porter's nap - normally I work out in the morning before he gets up because I have to work when he's napping. Anyway, Jeff had gone to bed early and I stayed up late, just cuz I could, even though I wasn't doing anything useful because I was actually pretty tired. I know, I should have just gone to bed when Jeff went to bed. When I finally was in the bathroom getting ready for bed I got the hiccups.
Now I was already making it a point to be quiet because I didn't want to wake Jeff since he had to be up early for boards. So I didn't want to come to bed with the hiccups - Jeff hates it when I have a cough because I am coughing in bed and waking him up. But I had randomly remembered somewhere that there was this way to get rid of the hiccups and I hadn't had a chance to use it yet. But it had been so long that I couldn't remember what it was. So I was searching through all the useless info in my head and the first thing that came to mind was to pull my ear - pretty dang random, wasn't that. Of course I knew that wouldn't help. Then I thought that I should push my tongue to the top of my mouth. That made a little more sense so I did it. Now I don't know if it was just some random coincidence, but my hiccups stopped. I just kept pushing my tongue to the top of my mouth while I finished getting ready for bed to make sure it was all gone. When I first did it I ever so slightly felt the urge to hiccup, but it went away. So who knows if that was why it stopped, but I'm definitely going to try it again the next time I get the hiccups.
Seven Minutes
2 days ago

2 comments:
hmmmmmm very interesting
Thanks for the tip. I always get the hiccups. At least once a week. Seriously! I hate it! So I will give that a try next time. Normally I just eat a spoonful of peanut better. That always does the trick. But sometimes I don't feel like eating peanut butter, so I will give this a shot.
Post a Comment