Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Baby update, again

Yup, another baby update. I like to have my doc appointments documented. I'll make this one quick, kinda. Today I had another ultrasound and doc appointment. This time they were able to give weight estimates for the babies. Baby A is roughly 4 lbs 14 oz and Baby B is roughly 5 lbs 6 oz. Baby A is catching up and Baby B is slowing down. My goal was to have both babies over 5 lbs and it looks like they will be. Both fluid levels and heart beats are looking good. Baby A is still breech on the bottom but is now on my right side and Baby B is transverse on the top of my stomach. But everything is still looking good for the babies. As for me, I'm about 60% effaced, which is to be expected with twins and with my second pregnancy, but I'm not dilated at all. So we are right on track for our Nov 19th c-section. My next doc appointment is in 2 weeks and then the babies are coming 2 days after. Holy crap, it's close! Of course anything can still happen so if things seem to start going on then I am to go in right away, but because of Jeff's boards on the 13th and 14th we want them to stay in until the 19th. So I'm resting a ton to make sure the babies stay in there, plus I am always completely exhausted anyway (and uncomfortable, but who's complaining) so all I want to do is rest. Anyway, babies are good, I'm good, life is good.

9 comments:

Nicole W. said...

I can't believe how fast this is coming Amy!!! you're doing so great and you are so optimisitic!!I can't wait to meet your little girls!!! xo

Lacey said...

Wow Amy, you have done so great with these twins, what a trooper! I am so excited to meet your little cutie pies I will keep my fingers crossed that everything gose well until the 19th so Jeff can finish his boards befor your girlies get here!

lynz said...

way to hang in there chickee! you look awesome for having two 5lb babies in that little tummy, and the end is near - yay!!!

Jessie said...

Rest rest and get more rest!! :)

Linds said...

I can't believe it's almost time for them to come. That's just so crazy! Good luck with everything!!

Holly Lujan said...

Crazy that it is only a little over two weeks away! I can't wait to see your little girls!

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

I am getting so excited for you!

Alyssa Phair said...

SERIOUSLY you need to send a sign-up sheet around for feeding your family after those babies come (if someone hasn't done it already). It's coming SO fast, I can't believe it!!!! I'm excited to see them. You are one strong momma for doing so well for so long. Good job!!
-Alyssa

Hayley Hatch said...

Yay! 2 weeks from today, right?!