Friday, November 13, 2009

Countdown

On Jeff's iGoogle he set up a countdown until the babies come. I just looked at it and it says 5 days and 15+ hours. Holy crap, that's soon. Here are my initial thoughts/feelings:

Yay, I get to hold my little girls!
Yay, I won't be pregnant anymore!
Oh crap, they are going to cut me open!
Oh crap, will I ever sleep again?!

But I am ready...mostly. The only thing I really have left to get done before the babies come is to finish this stupid book I'm reading. It's "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown. Actually, it's not stupid, I'm really enjoying it, but apparently I am just not a fast reader and whenever I read I end up just wanting to sleep. Thus, it's taking forever. But I know if I don't read it now it will be a LONG time until I read it. So the pressure is on. Other than that I am just trying to keep Porter entertained and keep the house somewhat clean and stocked so that I won't have to worry so much about that right when the babies come.

My main complaint right now is that I am EXHAUSTED!! All I want to do is sleep. But at night I just keep waking up, and during the day when I lay down my food keeps creeping it's way back up - sorry if that's too much info for you. And NOTHING FITS. My belly hangs out of everything and I am always having to adjust my clothes. But next week is a whole different story and I just need to hang on for a little while longer. I can do this (that's my own inner monologue pep talk).

So this time next week I will be chillin in the hospital with my husband and baby girls. I unfortunately won't get to see Porter the whole time I'm in the hospital, or even my dad. I'm limited to 2 visitors the entire time because of the stupid H1N1. So I'll only be seeing Jeff and my mom for those 3 or 4 days. Well, at least that will give me time to rest - well as much as you can with 2 newborns and while recovering from surgery. Anyway, the countdown is on!

8 comments:

MotherBeck said...

I can't believe it's here already (almost) Good luck!!!

Daya said...

This is so exciting!!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you to either help get you ready or to help keep you sane. LoveYa!!!

Hayley Hatch said...

5 days and 15 hours! That will be here before you know it! I can't wait to see pictures and hear their names and all :)
YAY!!!

Linds said...

Wowee!! I can't believe it's that soon. I wish you were allowed more visitors since I will be there. Too bad! Maybe we will stop by your house if you are home. Anyway, "The Lost Symbol" is way good. I just finished it. You'll love it since you love Dan Brown, very true to form. Let me know what you think if you get a chance to finish it.

Jessie said...

Holy Crap is right!! WOW That is so soon!! Good luck, I cant imgaine how excited Id be to meet not one but 2 little ones :)

Lisa said...

Good luck, and congratulations! Enjoy those adorable little babies!

Allison said...

Ooooh, how exciting! Hang in there and good luck!!!

Toshia said...

Soooo stoked for you! You are one awesome momma:) You will be in my thoughts all week long and I plan on inviting myself over for a visit after I get back from Thanksgiving vacation...good luck--we love you guys!