There was this awesome deal on peaches from a local farmer where you could get a 25 pound box of them for $13.50. We love peaches so we got 2 boxes. They were delicious. But we were up to our elbows in them. I thought I would never can peaches because it takes time and seems like a lot of work. Plus I always envisioned it as an old lady thing to do from back in the fifties. But with the amount of peaches we had (plus I am 30 so I'm well on my way to being an old lady, ha ha), I was forced to can, and I've got to say it wasn't that bad. Here's our handy work:


I'm excited for later this winter to open up a jar of these and indulge in such deliciousness. But I'm good to wait awhile. Not only did we eat a ton of peaches a day by themselves, but we made little peach cobblers, I put some in shakes, made peach chicken, and then froze a ton more. I'm a little peached out at the moment. Would I do it again next year? Absolutely :)
1 comment:
Awesome! I think canning is an awesome young lady thing to do. Not that I've ever done it, but someday I will. I just know it! Way to go.
Post a Comment