Monday, September 13, 2010

Old man

Last Monday was Jeff's birthday and he turned 33. He never remembers how old he is so he always has to check with me (a sign that he is old). Since it was Labor Day he got the day off of work so we spent the day together doing whatever this old man wanted to do. It was a chill morning where we hung out and opened presents, we went out to lunch to a yummy roach coach to get some good Mexican food (we decided to cheat on our eating a little that day) then we spent the afternoon using his main birthday present:

This raft we've had for a few years but rowing it was becoming a pain so Jeff wanted a motor for it. This picture doesn't show it too well, but behind Jeff you can see the thing that he and our neighbor built to attach the motor to the raft, and Jeff's leaning on the battery for it.



There are a ton of lakes and rivers around here (another awesome feature about the beautiful place we live) but the lake we went to that day was a nice chill lake that had a ton of lily pads. There was a path made so that we could get the boat out to the main part of the lake.



The girls and I only went on the boat for a little ride because we didn't have life vests for the girls and it made me nervous to have them on the boat. But we loved it and we plan on getting a sitter soon so that I can actually go out on the boat with Jeff for longer than 10 minutes.






The whole fam.



Porter and Jeff have gone out on the boat a few times together. After the girls and I got off the boat Porter and Jeff went out fishing for awhile.



After we went boating we met up with our neighbor for dinner at Texas Roadhouse where Jeff got a gift certificate that the girls at his work got him (thanks girls!). This is what they do for birthdays there . Jeff was just glad they didn't make him dance or anything.

I made a healthier version of chocolate cake and chocolate icing using coconut flour and a little honey as the sweetener (we're trying to be good) and halving the recipe. It turned out pretty dang good, and of course I didn't think about taking a picture until too late. But all in all it was a good day. I hope you enjoyed it bebes, I love you!

1 comment:

Toshia said...

Happy Birthday Jeff!