Sunday, September 19, 2010

Preschool

Last week was Porter's first week of preschool, and I loved it...oh, and he loved it too. This preschool has six kids, including him, his same age from our ward. It is the kind where the moms of all the kids take turns teaching. Preschool is Mon & Wed from 9:15am-11:15am and each mom teaches at their house for those two days that week. We mostly follow the Joy School curriculum. Somehow I lucked out and I am the 6th one in the rotation to teach so I still have four more weeks before I teach, and by then the kids will have the hang of sitting quietly and paying attention to the teacher, I'm hoping. So it's a free preschool with only 6 kids (3 girls and 3 boys) taught by people I know and trust and I only have to teach every 6th week. You can't beat it! Those two hours while he is gone is so joyful because I get to focus all my attention on the girls for a little bit before I put them down for a nap, and then I get to do WHATEVER I want (which is usually housework or something else lame that isn't fun but needs to be done) until I get the girls up to pick Porter up, but I also know that during those 2 hours he is getting to be with other kids in a different environment and is learning. So we all get a break from each other and our normal routine and are rejuvenated by the time I pick him up. It is wonderful!

Porter on his first day of preschool!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Isnt that the best!! We did the same preschool again this year at the church, free and we all take turns. I am loving it too!! Enjoy your free time!

Laura Thompson said...

I totally love preschool time for all of those same reasons! :)