So when I wrote the post "What next!!" I was just asking for it. The next day Porter and I got sick. And we're still getting over it. Fun, eh? Jeff started getting sick yesterday too. Then a couple days ago my dad's aunt in Canada died. So what did I learn? When things haven't been going too well don't egg things on by asking "What next!!", because there can always be something else.
Anyway, Porter has always been a great sleeper. When he was born I read a TON about babies and sleep so I could sleep train him right away (I was in desperate need of sleep myself). After sleep training him I have always been able put him down at night and he would go to bed fine, then in the morning he would wake up and just hang out and play until I would get him up. Same with his naps. But for a few days this week when he really wasn't feeling well he would wake up and call out in a sad little voice "Mama please, mama please, mama please," over and over until I would go in there. He even woke up in the middle of the night once saying that, and he never cries for me in the middle of the night. It was so sad and just broke my heart. I hate it when I know he isn't feeling well or is hurting because there usually isn't much that I can do to make it better, other than to just hold and cuddle him. But he is feeling better now (and I am basically feeling better now too), so he's mostly back to being content in his crib until I get him up. This has just been a rough week for him.
Mice update: we have now killed four mice - 2 by Happy, and 2 by mouse traps. There hasn't seemed to be much activity lately (meaning that Happy hasn't been freaking out at night because she can here them in the walls/floor), so we either got them all or they wised up and left. But I'm not getting my hopes up that they are completely gone yet.
Seven Minutes
2 days ago

4 comments:
Well-I didn't email or call because Jeff told us to give you some space and time, but I am glad that you are feeling better (in all ways). Early on in my pregnancy I can recall praying really hard to keep the baby. I suppose I am a cynic, but I was positive that after all the trouble we went through, that it would just end. Or that I would find out that I didn't have a viable cervix, or some crap like that. Anyway...I am glad that this part of your trauma is over. Now on to the mice-Chris and I had mice when we lived on mulberry and the only thing-the ONLY THING that got rid of them was just plain old mouse traps. I tried everything at the store, and that was it. But don't be silly. Before you get bubonic plague call an exterminator. Late- you guys were in our prayers-trust.
How sad for Porter! I feel bad when Amelia's sick too and it especially pulls at your heart strings when they cry out for you :( The one thing I do like is Amelia is much more cuddly when she's sick because she doesn't have the energy to play as much! It's good that all of you are feeling better and hopefully it stays that way for a while!! (Definitely call me about Virginia!)
And that reminds me of Zenden. He was a baby who could say almost nothing, but who could sign before 12 months. It is almost impossible to resist a baby who can't talk but is pointing (to Mommy who's cooking and needs someone else to hold him) and is vigorously signing "please" and looking so plaintive.
Geez, you guys can't get a break. I REALLY hope things get better soon!
Post a Comment