I'm all about finding good deals, so when I heard that the zoo was free today I was all over it. Mondays are the days that Jeff doesn't have any classes, so we made it a family outing. I worked at 1pm so we just had to be home by then. I'm guessing it was free today because it's Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday. Anyways, we braved the cold and wind (although since the zoo is further west away from the gorge it wasn't really that bad) and the potential crowds due to the fabulous freeness, and had a good 'ol time. I do have to admit that near the end Porter was getting quite fussy, most likely due to the fact that it was lunch time (the snacks we had just weren't cuttin it), cold and almost naptime. But we had fun nonetheless. Unfortunately we forgot the good camera, and my little camera that I always have handy in my purse just wasn't getting that great of pictures. But at least the trip was somewhat documented...except for the fact that we didn't get any pictures of Jeff and the animals weren't really cooperating. So these are the best pics that we got. It was mostly just fun to get out and about in the real world (I don't get out much, can you tell) and be around lots of other people with kids.
Seven Minutes
2 days ago





8 comments:
Amy and I disagree. I think it was a snail because, all though it had camel humps, it looked like a snail in all other ways. So, it was a snail with camel humps to make it easier for the little kiddies to perch their butts on top. Jeff~
I'm gonna go with Amy and say a camel. Why would a snail be at the zoo?
Really cute. Love it. The pictures of Porter were cute, too, as was the camel/snail. Good thing the goatee guy wasn't there to mess up the pics. (OK. That's mean. I repent. But not enough to edit the mean out.)
Hm. Looks more like a hippo to me.
Hey! I was at the zoo today to! We were there a little later in the day and we really dumb because we didn't think it was going to be very cold so we were all freezing!
What a fun family outing, hope the crowds weren't too crazy! I hope you guys are feeling better quick. (Just got caught up on your posts, can I just say that I so thought that picture was your mattress on the car and then I realized not your car...what a dork am I?)
Yea for the ZOO! I can't wait to take Owen. I think I will wait till he is just a bit older, perhaps when he is walking. I am glad you had fun.
What a fun outting! It's too cold here. The zoo is closed. Lame. Anyway, thanks for your time on your blog. It is so fun to read. I gave you an award on my blog! Go check it out when you get a chance- and thanks for your friendship. I know we have talked in forever but I still think about you lots...
Post a Comment