Monday, January 5, 2009

2009

A new year has begun. January is always a time of making New Year's resolutions, usually including losing weight, and the resolutions normally don't last very long. But this year I am just going to call it goals that I would like to accomplish/work on. I have been thinking about what my non-strengths are (I don't want to call them faults because that just sounds too negative and makes me feel kind of weak) these past few months and I have come up with two things in particular that I will set out to work on for 2009.

The first is patience. I feel that I don't really have any. Thus this is my year to learn it. The second kind of goes along with patience, and that is that I look to the future too much and don't enjoy the now. I am a planner. This has become worse with age. Don't get me wrong, planning is definitely a good thing, but I focus so much on the end result of things that I don't see the beauty and fun in the process of getting to the end result. Life is too short to not enjoy every moment. Two days ago I realized that next year, 2010, I will turn 30. Being the youngest of 5 I have always had the mindset of being young, but it turns out that I am not very young anymore, but there is nothing wrong with that. Getting older is fun and you can learn soooo much, if you just pay attention to what is going on in the now. So hopefully I can make progress in these areas this year...but don't go out trying to "help" me this year by testing my patience :)

2 comments:

Linds said...

I never make New Year's resolutions, cause I always break them and then I feel like a failure. But those two things sound good, and you can totally do it. Good luck!

Jenni said...

Geez, don't say you're going to be 30, we're too young to be 30!!