Saturday, January 10, 2009

What next??

I woke up this morning trying to have a positive attitude, telling myself that today is going to be a good day and life's great. Then my mom calls to tell me that early this morning one of my aunts passed away. What?! So of course I lost it. Last night she fell down the stairs and the trauma was so severe that she didn't make it. My heart goes out to my uncle and cousins. My oldest sister found out about my aunt this morning as she was on her way to the funeral of her husband's grandfather who passed away last week. Have you heard about the old wives tale or superstition or whatever you call it about how deaths happen in threes? Well does the miscarriage count in that? If so, then there you have it. Hopefully nothing more will happen. So far 2009 kind of stinks.

6 comments:

The Fullmers Four said...

I am so sorry. When it rains it pours. It is totally true about deaths coming in threes. I worked at an assisted living center during college, and people always went in threes. Totally Weird.

I promise 2009 will get better

Hayley Hatch said...

Amy
Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. I think it's good that you vented - those feelings have got to go somewhere. Let yourself be angry, sad, mad...whatever you need. I wish I could say something to make you feel better...This will get better with time, I promise. I am here if you want to talk.

ProudPapa said...

Mom thought perhaps the third was Renata. You remember Renata? She died in 2008 but the funeral was in 2009. Your miscarriage simply sealed for Mom the conviction that this year is not going to be any better than last year. And you chewed me out last year for being so inconsiderate as to keep finding myself in the hospital, presumably for the sole purpose of intensifying Mom's adversity. Now see what you are doing! Shame.

Linds said...

Yikes, this has been a bad year so far for you. Hopefully things will start going up. I'm sorry for your loss.

Joshua and Joy said...

Amy, I'm so sorry. My prayers are with you.

The Hill Family said...

Amy, what more is there to say? Thinking of you lots. I hope your days look a little sunnier soon.