Thursday, February 19, 2009

Why can't you just read my mind?

So I was just talking to one of my maintenance guys about a broken toilet in a tenant's apartment and I had to explain something like four times to him before he understood what I was saying. That's been happening a lot with Jeff and other people too lately. I say something and I guess what I say can have twelve meanings or something and the person I'm talking to doesn't understand which meaning I am meaning to say. What I've said wasn't bad or anything, I'm just not getting my point or meaning quite across to them. Or sometimes I will be thinking something and my mouth isn't staying caught up with my mind so I kind of skip saying things. Or I will be talking too fast in order to stay up to speed with my mind and the person I'm talking to will have no idea what I'm saying (I have the tendency to do that when I leave voicemails for people). Maybe I'm just thinking what I mean and I'm not really saying it right. Have you ever had it where you asked someone a question in your mind or responded to a question in your mind and you thought you already spoke to them about it, but it turns out you never really did in real life, only in your head? Am I the weird one who is all alone on this one? Sometimes it would just be easier if people could read my mind so they know what I'm saying...then again, if people could read my mind they would see all the crazy that is me...okay, so mind reading probably isn't the best answer. Ahhhh, don't you just love the random thought ramblings of people? Once again, I'm blaming this on hormones :)

7 comments:

Dani said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Jefferson gives me a hard time about it all the time!

Alyssa Phair said...

I know what you mean! I often think I've said something to Kevin and I haven't OR visa versa. I've learned to just ask if I've said something. I probably sound like a crazy person too but it's better than repeating myself a million times!!

Linds said...

Oh Amy, you make me laugh. And yes it happens to me all the time. I think it comes with motherhood. I've lost my mind!

Daya said...

I join you on all that crazy. People always call and ask me what I was talking about on my messages. I think I leave too much info and that gets confusing. I will have full on conversations with Kirk in my head and then when I actually go and talk to him I leave a bunch of stuff out because I think I have already told him. I also repeat stories to people all the time because I can't remember if I told them already or not. I think I am actually crazier than you.

The Fullmers Four said...

I think that it is part of being a girl. I swear half the time I am not even sure what I am trying to say my self.

Laura Thompson said...

I do that all the time to Bo where I'll be thinking about stuff in my head and then start talking in the middle of it and he has no idea where it's coming from. :)

Laura Thompson said...

By the way, I read the book you're reading and I did the work and have been doing the affirmations for the past maybe 4 or 5 months and it's made a HUGE difference for me! Hope it helps you too. :)