Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sad sicky

Yup, the Ports isn't feeling too well. Yesterday for lunch I noticed that he really didn't eat anything and was being a bit more clingy. After we got him up from his nap he was feeling pretty hot, but he recently hid the thermometer somewhere so we couldn't take his temperature. I was going out to dinner with some friends so Jeff was taking over the helm at home with Porter. They ran some errands (which included buying a new thermometer) and ate dinner. When I got home I saw Porter sitting on the couch wearing only his diaper and socks, and Jeff right next to him not looking too happy. I also heard the washer on, and since I had just done laundry a few days ago I figured the poor little guy had thrown up, which he had. His temperature after he threw up was down to 99 and he seemed to be doing better. I went to go give Porter a hug and sure enough, he smelled like puke. Poor little guy. We gave him as many fluids as he would take and put him to bed (after a good scrub down in the bath).

This morning he started calling out "Mama, please" over and over about 45 minutes before we normally get him up, so we got him up early because I knew he still wasn't feeling well. Even if he wakes up before I go to get him up he normally just waits in his room and plays in his crib, but not when he doesn't feel well. So he didn't really eat breakfast and was just all mopey all morning and always wanted me to hold him (which I've got to admit I loved) but even when I was holding him he would still be moaning and whimpering - poor little guy. We kept taking his temp and it would be either 99 or 100 which doesn't worry us too much. I fed him lunch, which he did eat a little of, then put him down for an early nap. Hopefully he'll sleep for a good long time. His body is taking care of this and he'll be better soon. In the meantime he's just a sad little boy who feels poopy, thus he's whiney and clingy, but can you really blame him?

When he wasn't on my lap he would just be laying on the floor or the couch.


7 comments:

MotherBeck said...

the haircut you gave him is probably what's making him sick...ha! Just kidding. (I can say that cuz we did the same thing to Sam) Poor little guy. I hope he feels better soon and that you and Jeff don't get it.

Linds said...

Poor little guy! There's nothing worse than the stomach flu. I hope he feels better soon, and that the rest of you stay healthy.

Dani said...

Those pictures of Porter laying on the ground are so sad!! My kids are sick too and Andi wants to be held nonstop. I do love it, until I really need to get something done and then she just stands at my legs whining. I hope he gets better soon! No more throwing up!! That's the worst!

Matthias and Jenn said...

O poor little porter. When I was little and my stomach hurt I would always lay on it. Hopefully he will feel better soon!!!

Alyssa Phair said...

This is totally what Amelia had/has!! How sad!! It's HORRIBLE!! Amelia had a temperature of 103.3 as of last night. She threw up 4 times on Tuesday and 4 times on Wednesday. Then she just had a fever and diarrhea. Now she has a runny nose so I think she might actually be getting the real flu now. Oh dear, poor Porter! I got a bout of it as well but not nearly as extreme. I hope he gets a mild version of whatever it is!!!

Daya said...

I hate it when they are sick. I hope he gets better soon. I learned that popcicles make everything better. Especially when they are combined with a bath. That is popcicles while sitting in the bath. My kids love doing that.

Joshua and Joy said...

I hope he's feeling better soon.