Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's a sad day

We took in our Pontiac Vibe the other day because it was making noise and one of our friends said it might be the transmission. Not good. The car still runs but we didn't want to delay fixing something because that could make things worse. Well, today they said it's definitely the transmission and that our clutch also needs to be replaced. The grand total: about $2800. Way crappy. The whole reason we bought a manual transmission 6 1/2 years ago was because we didn't want to have to deal with transmission problems, yet here we are. We bought the Vibe brand new and it has 93,000 miles right now. It should have lasted longer. So we are living off of student loans since I'm no longer working, we are expecting twins, Jeff will be graduating in December, we will be moving out of state, and we're still waiting to hear back from this potential job that Jeff may or may not have after he graduates - so the timing of this huge car bill is totally perfect (note the hint of sarcasm). Oh well, what can you do. C'est la vie.

5 comments:

Alyssa Phair said...

I'm sorry! Living with one car is difficult but certainly possible. We've been doing it for 3 years now. There are days where I want to rip out my hair but most times I wouldn't want to go anywhere with both kids by myself anyway. There's not enough room in a shopping cart! :) Hope it works out!
-Alyssa

lynz said...

awww! so sorry chickee! good work on the c'est la vie attitude though and let us know if you guys need any car borrowing :)

Nicole W. said...

I'm sorry! that sucks!!!!! we have been living with one car our whole marriage...I think if I didn't work it wouldn't be so bad. you can do it!!! big hugs though...you really don't need that stress right now!!! xoxox

Lacey said...

Two weeks after our big move to Portland from Canada our truck strated "CLUNKING" After having it looked at we found out it was going to be $1200 buck-a-roos, GRRR! Timeing is never good with these things but I think you have it especially bad! Hope it all get's fixed quickly and that Jeff hears good news on the job front ASAP!

Jenni said...

Car problems suck. My car is currently still under warranty and it has been awesome the couple times I needed to get it fixed. The warranty is up fairly soon and I'm debating on whether to extend it or not. Either way, it's money down the drain.