We were getting no where so I go inside the clinic to ask good ol Dan if he can come help or ask around for someone who knows about cars. I HATE being the damsel in distress. Unfortunately no one on this shift really knew much about cars. We fiddle a little too, to no avail. Then I hook up our car charger/jumper thingy that we keep in the back to see if I can jump the car. Didn't work. Apparently that dang thing had lost it's charge. Meanwhile other people come to try to help. Someone goes to get their car so that they can try to jump our car. And Jeff's shift is finally over so he was getting a ride over. As the new shift at the clinic I'm at is about to start some other people who know about cars show up and the consensus is that it's the battery. But we can't jump the car, so what the heck is going on. Finally Jeff shows up with someone who knows cars and they check the jumper cable connections to make sure there is a spark at each connection. There wasn't at first and then there was so the car finally freakin started. If I had to be stuck anywhere the school is the best place because there's always someone I know.Now that the car was running we took it to a shop, proceeded to wait until they could look at our car (because where are we gonna go), then they tried charging the battery, but it couldn't hold it's charge, so we ended up having to get a new battery. We were at that stupid shop for over two hours. Porter did pretty well with the waiting, especially since it was his nap time. I played a lot of solitaire on my phone. So hopefully we do get the dang Vibe back tomorrow and nothing else goes wrong with either of our stupid cars. On the bright side it could have been worse - at least during all of this I didn't go into labor or anything.

5 comments:
I HATE having car problems! Life is stressful enough without having to worry about getting stranded somewhere. Thank goodness you didn't go into labor! That would've been horrible. Hopefully there are no more surprises for you for a long while :)
-Alyssa
Yes, and Amy, even though they have given your problems, at least you have 2 cars right? Be grateful for that :) You dont know how I wish for another car!
This same thing just happened to our van, we couldn't get it to start at all though and we ended up having to get it towed all the way to Portland...luckily most of it was covered by the warrenty! I hate car problems:(
Oh blech! I hate that too. Glad you were in a good place with a lot of help.
So sorry! Unexpected expenses and blips are the worst. At least it was ONLY the battery--could've been a lot worse. Hope you are feeling well and taking care of yourself. Can't wait to see those little girls. And Porter is becoming such a little man...he will be such a great big brother--such a perfect age!
Post a Comment