I feel like my mind has been all over the place lately. Here's a peek at the craziness that is called Amy:
- Since I cut my hair short a few years ago I feel that whenever I wake up now my hair has a bad case of bed head. I swear when it was long I never had that issue. Not that I woke up looking like a model or anything, my hair was just more manageable.
- Fruit flies suck. They are driving me crazy.
- It's not doing the dishes that is the bad part. It's emptying out the dishwasher when the dishes are clean that annoys me. I'll let my dirty dishes pile up most of the time just because I don't feel like emptying the dishwasher. It was REALLY bad during my morning sickness. We would end up having basically every dish we own dirty in the sink or on the counter.
- Same thing goes for laundry. I hate the folding and putting away part. Adding two more kids into the mix is only going to make it a more daunting task. Maybe we should get a housekeeper...hmmmm.
- I've developed a bad non-environmental friendly habit during this pregnancy: I use a lot of paper plates in an effort to limit the amount of dishes I have to do. I know, I know, it's totally bad for the environment. Just give me a few more months to get back to my normal self and then I swear I will stop.
- I LOVE this time of year where you have easy access to everything pumpkin! Lately our thing has been to have pumpkin pancakes that I get from the awesome Trader Joe's. I must stock up before the season is over.
- My patience lately has been quickly diminishing. I wonder why...
- This morning I put on a pair of maternity pants that I bought at the beginning of this pregnancy and now they don't fit. My butt is too big. I can't wait until I can work out again. Sigh.
- The other day someone asked me if I was uncomfortable. I'm 33 weeks pregnant with twins...take a wild guess.
- Since I'm supposed to be limiting my activity (which is TOTALLY hard, I might add) when we go places as a family I will sometimes just stay in the car while Jeff and Ports go inside. So I've been playing a lot of solitaire on my phone while I'm waiting. I've gotten pretty dang good.
- I sleep with five pillows, one of which is a body pillow. Thank goodness we have a king size bed.
- You know that point in pregnancy when you're just done? Well, I basically hit that last week. I think the whole c-section thing has just brought me down. I need to think more positively or it will only get worse.
- I'm tired...all the time. Man, I definitely need to be more positive.
- How about this for positive: Yay, I get to meet my girlies in no more than a month! My c-section is scheduled for Nov 19th, unless they need to come earlier. Holy cow, you have no idea how excited I am to see my little girls...and to not be pregnant!!!
The Joy of Falling Behind
6 hours ago

6 comments:
Yay! I'm going to be in Portland from the 18th to the 23. I hope I can stop by and see your beautiful little girlies!
Hey Amy,
I can imagine a little how you feel on your labor and delivery not going how you planned and things being hard. You always told me that I need to think positive in times when I absolutely didn't want to;I think you would say something like this, "oh Jenn just do it!". I know things aren't how you imagined but your words ring true. Just do it!, think positively about the situation at hand and things do for sure get better!
Ack, I hate fruit flies too...get rid of them quick: mix together apple cider vinegar and some dish soap in a couple bowls around the kitchen and they will be gone in a day or two. Good luck!
I don't know if you remember me but we are friends with John and Jessica and we have the triplets. I saw that you were wondering about c-sections. You will do fine. The c-section is not that scary. It is hard not to be able to hold them right away. The recovery for my c-section was not bad (I thought) I delievered Weds. afternoon and I was out by Sat. morning and walking around. All I can say is get up walking as soon as possible and the more you walk the faster you will heal. but I also didn't have an older child while I was healing. But you will do fine. Good luck, I hope everything goes well. Rachel
Yippee! It is coming so quickly and then you will have two beautiful girls and be skinny again.
I love this.
Post a Comment