Tuesday, February 16, 2010

He's 3!

Yesterday Porter turned 3 years old. After we got home from the hospital when we had the girls I kept looking at Porter and thinking how HUGE he was, but of course I was comparing him to the girls. But he's not my baby anymore, and if I call him my baby he gets mad and says he's a big boy. And I would have to agree. But to me he will still always be my baby boy. I love him so much and feel so blessed to have him in my life. He is such a happy, sweet, kind, and generous little boy. He just wants to play, learn, have friends and be happy. I love watching him use his imagination and figure things out. And he always cracks me up when he sings, whether it be a made up song or not. He is a great helper too - always willing to lend a hand, whether I need it or not :). He loves his sisters so much. He is a great big brother. I always wanted a boy first so that he could protect his little sisters, and Porter will definitely do an awesome job at that.

For his birthday this year we kept things really low key because we just moved here and don't know that many people yet, plus I didn't feel like orchestrating any kind of party.


This is what he wanted for dinner. Very nutritious.


Once again, I'm not very crafty and I'm hesitant to try anything elaborate, but this cake is a tiny step in that direction. For a comparison look back at Jeff's cake from last September. Baby steps.


Always have to have a balloon that lasts for like a month. Notice our awesome tablecloth. We bought this table from IKEA before we moved here because this kitchen has a little breakfast nook, but the table needs to be varnished and until we do that (who knows when that will be) I don't want to mess up the wood, and our only tablecloth is currently on the dining room table, so we are using a beach towel. Hey, sometimes you just need to improvise.


The tradition of the red plate.


Simone was asleep throughout all the festivities, but Scarlet got to be front and center.


A few shots of him opening presents. His "smile for the camera" face scares me.





Another tradition is I videotape when I go into his room to wake him up and I sing happy birthday to him. Downloading the video was getting annoying - something wasn't working right with our video software. When I figure it out, or remember to even try again :), I will post that too. All in all Porter had a good day. For months before his birthday he kept saying that when his birthday cake came he would be 3 years old. When I would ask him what he wanted for his birthday he kept saying a cake and a candle. I love how his mind thinks. Finally I got some requests out of him. I love this little guy and can't wait to celebrate many more birthdays for him!

7 comments:

The Fullmers Four said...

Holy Canoly! I can't believe he is 3! HAPPY BIRTHDAY PORTER1

The Fullmers Four said...

PS. Owen just saw Porter's picture, and now he is asking if they can play.

Toshia said...

Happy Birthday Porter! It feels like just the other day I saw him in the hospital:) Glad your move went well, we need to see some pics of the house though!

Jessie said...

Ive been meaning to comment since your Fair skin post. First of all, Im so sorry about that awful news. But you are right, 1 in 3 people will get cancer in their lifetime so if this is it, then not too bad eh.
It scared me because I used to tan all the time too (yes, I know I dont "need" it but I still like the glow) in my early 20's and still want to but now I'll re think it!
Anyway, Happy Birthday Porter!! Sophia says hi!

Linds said...

I can't believe he's 3. That's crazy!! That means Olivia isn't too far behind. AHHHH!! Where did time go?
p.s. Love the red plate, we have the same one.

ProudPapa said...

Hmm. And as Grandma points out, now you're going to need two red plates.

Vicky said...

Funny! We had pizza for Lenore's birthday, too. It's her favorite. She's a true Jensen. She actually asked for Porter today. She said "Is Porter pooping?" I told her that he probably had sometime that day. Good job on keeping up with the posts. How do you find the time? I remember the first one you did after the girls were born, but I didn't keep checking and now...well I'm all back logged.