Friday, February 26, 2010

Life at the moment

It has been way fun this week having my parents here to help out. And it has definitely allowed me to rest and take it easy. Porter absolutely LOVES having them here. Plus they came bearing gifts for his birthday. They got him some legos and he hasn't stopped playing with them since he got them. And I have to admit that I've been having fun with them too :) Here's what's been going on this week:


Lots of baby holding by the grandparents.



Some of it while sleeping. Simone looks a little concerned that Grandpa is asleep while holding her.



After 48 hours I was supposed to remove the bandage on the donor site and clean the area twice a day and keep it from getting a scab and keep it moist with vaseline. This was when we first removed the bandage. It was a LOT bigger than I had expected. How much skin did he need to borrow to put on my nose?? At least now we can put flesh colored bandages on it so that it is slightly less noticeable. Sorry this pic is kinda gross.



Yesterday was my dad's birthday. He turned 71 years young. We were lucky to have him here so that we could celebrate it together. My mom has celiac so we made a gluten free cake. It was interesting :) (Love you mom!) My ward insisted on bringing us some meals this week (we love our ward) to help out and of course everything had gluten in it so my poor mom couldn't have any. Her having celiac disease was a recent development so it has been a little tough adjusting. But we are coming up with some yummy gluten free foods for them to enjoy.



Good thing we didn't actually put 71 candles because that would have melted the whole cake, ha ha. But I did stupidly stand down wind from the cake when he blew it out so I got a face full of smoke. Smart, wasn't I?



This is our house. I finally got around to posting a pic. After our garage is cleaned better we should hopefully be able to fit both cars in it. Last night the moon looked pretty cool so Jeff took some pics. I didn't give him a chance to do any fun editing to this pic so he will probably give me a hard time for already posting it. Sorry bud, you gotta move quicker :)



This was the girls this morning. You can never post too many pics of them.



The Ports this morning. He's sick. As a family we normally never get sick, but I swear, since the babies have been born we all just keep getting sick. Perhaps it's the added stress of the complete chaos that has been our life for the past few months. What do you think? Last week Jeff and I were sick, again, and we still have the annoying coughs. Scarlet has had that cough too. I was worried about sneezing and having a runny nose after this surgery because I can't blow my nose. Thank goodness that mostly stopped in time for the surgery. Then this week Porter got sick, and yesterday he had a temperature and kept waking up in the middle of the night saying his ear hurt. Uh oh. And what sucks is that our stupid health insurance chick totally dropped the ball and the kids have been uninsured this whole month and we didn't know it until this week. She was so focused on making sure that I was insured for my surgery that she didn't worry about the kids. So we fired her and went to someone else who will have the kids insured by Monday. So we can't even take him in until Monday anyway. We hope Porter doesn't get any worse until then. He has been very cuddly though and I'm enjoying it while I can. But now that the surgery is over our lives will finally be calming down and we can focus on being healthy again.



Meanwhile Jeff is rocking things at work. He absolutely loves his job and loves how much he is helping people. And I couldn't ask for a better profession for my husband to be in. It has definitely come in handy on many occasions. I am so grateful for his job and for the opportunity that he has to be working here in Post Falls with this other doc. Our prayers have definitely been answered.

4 comments:

Alyssa Phair said...

It so weird to see Jeff's name with Dr in front of it on a business door!! That just makes it so much more real. Lol. Your girls are growing SO fast! And poor Porter :( Have I told you how much I hate insurance people and companies?? Hopefully his ear just gets better on its own. Crossing my fingers for you. Oh, and your house is AWESOME!! It's beautiful from the outside. I wonder what it looks like inside...??? ;) I'll wait until you've lived their longer so you can settle in.
-Alyssa

lynz said...

the girls are getting so big and so cute! love your cute little place and so fun to see jeff's name on his clinic :) yay!

Lacey said...

I love reading your blog and getting the updates. I am so glad to hear that things went well and you are now CANCER FREE!!!! You kids are all getting so big, we miss you guys already!We will have to stop over on our way home this summer and spend sometime together. How fun to see Jeffs name on the door like he's a real chiropracter now!!! Whoot whoot, congrats guys you deserve all the blessigs in the world.

Linds said...

Hooray for no more cancer!!! And wow, you guys are busy busy bees!
p.s. Love your house!