Saturday, February 27, 2010

Simple pleasures

This morning we washed my hair and it was fabulous! I haven't washed my hair since Monday morning before I had the surgery. I absolutely can't get my nose bandage wet and we can't get shampoo or anything with fragrances on the donor area behind my right ear, plus I can't lean over, so I had to lay on the kitchen counter and have Jeff carefully wash my hair. I feel so much better. After I get all the stitches and bandages removed on Monday they will hopefully give me the all clear to take a shower and I am totally going to take the longest shower ever. Baths just don't really cut it for me after awhile. I will probably have restrictions on cleaning my nose still but I'm guessing they will at least let me run water over it. I can't wait!


Lovely picture, isn't it.


I also miss being able to blow my nose. I am still getting over being sick so blowing my nose would so come in handy. And I can get my right contact in no problem because I use my right hand to put it in, but for my left eye the bandages restrict me being able to pull my lower eyelid down and my big fat nose bandage restricts my right hand from getting over there, so I've been wearing my glasses this whole time. I hate having something on my face so always wearing glasses, and even having this bandage constantly on my face is killing me. I definitely took for granted being able to wash my hair, wash my face, put in my contacts and blow my nose. Ah, to be able to do those again.

5 comments:

Toshia said...

What a sweet husband. At least you have the counter space to lay down on right? Probably wouldn't have been able to do that in your apartment!

Linds said...

I don't know how you are doing all this. Hang in there!!!

Sabby said...

I hope you are healing well, take it easy lady, oh and by they way you are quite amazing!

Hayley Hatch said...

Amy,
Wow oh wow. My heart goes out to you and all that you have been through lately. It sounds like you are handling it well. Your girls are too cute - two baby girls in matching clothes - what could be cuter? :)
Hang in there.

Vicky said...

Totally forgot about the cancer. Dude! At least it got taken care of. I guess that means not more baby oil baths just before laying out in the sun for several hours so that you can look one slight shade darker. :)Did you wonder why this happened to you when people who actually do that don't seem to have any effects? I would have. Taker easy, chica.