I feel like I have a pretty good control, for the most part, of the kids and all the house/general life stuff now. But some days are just rough. Today I've basically had Porter watching TV all morning so that I can actually get some stuff done. And I don't like encouraging couch potatoeness, but sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do. I don't want to fall behind on anything because when I do then it takes just that much longer to catch up, and I had done really well all week until yesterday. I had a doctor's appointment that kind of threw off my day. So today I was trying to catch up. But the girls decided that they didn't want to nap this morning. There's been a lot of crying...in stereo. And while I'm trying to calm the girls down Porter is crawling on me, trying to get my attention or trying to give the girls hugs (he really does love his little sisters...it's just a little too much sometimes.) Thus I lose it and raise my voice at him (I hate to admit it). It's a mix of trying to be loud enough so he can hear me over the cries of two little girls, and my own frustration. Sigh. I find myself getting annoyed with Porter, kinda often. Poor kid just wants some attention. He used to get my undivided attention. Right now both girls are finally falling asleep on my lap while I type this (with twins you definitely need to master the art of multitasking), of course just in time for me to wake them up to feed them. Another sigh. But I do love being a mom and am blessed with the opportunity to be home with my kids. I will just need a break sometime soon. A little me time is definitely in order.
8 comments:
Amen sista' :) Good to hear from you again. Your girls are adorable and Porter is growing up so fast!
Hang in there. Remember the scripture about not running more than you have strength. Give yourself some time. You're doing great. Having a toddler and newborn twins is stressful! But just take it one thing at a time.
I don't know how you do it. I feel the same and I just have two and they aren't babies, or twins. You can do this, we all have those days. And isn't that what pbs is for?
I totally relate to that feeling. We love you guys!
Amy you are an amazing person and mom, keep up the good work.
I feel the same way about Sophia. Last night when John was home I decided to spend my whole friday night devoted to just me & her (I normally would want to spend time with John watching a movie or something) We played Memory game, puzzles, talked and laughed. During the week I feel like I dont get to give her all my attention for the same reason, the baby! Elijah still really feels like a baby to me since he is so little still.
Super Amy! You totally are you know.
don't feel bad. I was just about to post about the same thing..I feel so bad when I lose my temper and yell at Erika but she drives me crazy with her tantrums sometimes!!:(:(
You are am amazing mother Amy!!!!! I really look up to you!! xoxox hang in there!!:)
Post a Comment