Monday, February 1, 2010

Craziness

Ok, so we've been a tad MIA lately, but I swear we have good reasons. Let me just recap the last few months. We had the girls by c-section (thus it required an annoying recovery), Jeff graduated from chiropractic college (YAY!), I found out I have basal cell carcinoma on my nose (it's the most common form of skin cancer - more on that later) which involved a lot of emotional time and physical time trying to get the surgery all figured out (still haven't had it yet, but soon), we had Christmas (that alone takes a ton of time), we moved to Post Falls, ID, all got sick after moving, and Jeff started a new job. Phew. All of those things separately take a lot out of you, but add in that we had to do all this with twin newborns and you've got a hectic/fun/never boring life. Gotta love it. So that is why we haven't blogged much lately. We are mostly settled now in our awesomely gigantic house (well, at least for us) and the girls are on a pretty good schedule so now I feel like I can kinda get back to the fun stuff, like blogging. So plan on seeing more posts in the near future. But before that here are some pics of the move:


After spending 2 1/2 weeks with us after the babies were born my parents so awesomely came back to help us with our move. TOTALLY helpful. It was during the peak colic time and the babies were always wanting to be held. Packing while holding the babies was proving to be quite difficult for just Jeff and me, so when my parents came we were actually able to be productive.


Cute Scarlet


Not the best picture of Simone but I had to include a pic of what she was doing while we were packing.


Just a small portion of our packing. We have too much crap.


Ports while we were packing - he got into some tape and it got stuck around his neck and chin. He couldn't move his head. We left him like this for a little bit for our own entertainment.


My parents drove in the minivan with the girls and we drove in the truck with Porter. There weren't any air bags in the truck so we were able to have him with us. We made the drive fun.


Good times.


We got to Post Falls Friday night and woke up to snow. Here's our big ol truck pulling the Vibe. Jeff was taking the car off here and getting ready for unloading the truck. Our new ward was awesome and helped us unload the truck. Don't you love how your ward turns out to be your family away from home?

Now we call Post Falls, ID our new home. Weird. I never thought I would ever live in Idaho, but here I am. It's a smaller town than I'm used to, but I'm adjusting. We actually like it. We live close enough to bigger towns so we still have access to all the good stuff. But the best part is that we live in a house that is actually big enough for the five of us. I should probably include pics, but I don't have time now. It's 1700 sq ft and has 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, a big bonus room over the garage, a 2 car garage and a good size backyard. I am in heaven. It was getting really annoying living in our 2 bedroom,1 bath apartment with 3 kids. Now the girls actually have a room. I LOVE it. Anyway, we're still alive over here and I'm hoping to stay on top of blogging because this is my only way of journaling. Love to all!

9 comments:

Linds said...

WOW! You have been busy. Glad to see you are back among the world of blogging. Good luck with everything!

Toshia said...

Glad you finally let us all in on how the move went;) I was beginning to wonder about you guys! Congrats on the house and I can't wait to see pics...

Vicky said...

Was someone complaining? No need to explain. Someone have to be really, really out of the loop to not cut you some slack for not blogging. Or returning messages. *wink-wink. BTW- what stores are near you guys. Want to send Porter a gift card so you guys can get him something.

Gene said...

Hi Amy, reading your update reminded me a lot of our life this past month. I feel like I'm in race against time to get completely moved in, decorated, and nursery done before the baby comes (4 weeks left).

Jenni said...

Busy times! It must be so nice to have so much space now. And it's nice to hear the updates. Of course, you have good excuses not to be blogging, but I like it when you do!

Allison said...

I was thinking about you guys the other day! I'm glad the move went well. Looking forward to more posts!

Gordita said...

I've been wondering how the move and everything went. I'm glad to read that it's over. Gosh I'm exhausted just reading your post. You are an amazing woman.

Nicole W. said...

it's so nice to hear from you!!!! loks like everything is going great! you are such an inspirtation..I never could have handled all that!!!
post more pics of those cute girls soon!
xo

Jessie said...

I love that pic of Simone!
Glad the move went well, awesome big backyard too. Enjoy everything :)