Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cheap toy and cleaners

See what the girls are holding? Yeah, those are baby wipes. Recently whenever I pull the wipes out to change a diaper the girls keep asking for one. Now, when we change diapers we try to be frugal/cheap because, hey, we have two in diapers at once and we're not made of money (if only!). So we tear the wipes in half to make them go further. The girls see me tearing up a baby wipe in preparation to change a diaper and they start reaching for one. Now you may be wondering why I would let them play with it because wouldn't that be wasting the wipe? Oh no, my friend, because they then take their half of a wipe and they start wiping things down and cleaning everything. It's perfect! They think they are playing and having fun yet they are cleaning the house. It's a win win situation. And they'll clean off their hands and face too. Ok, it's not EVERY time I pull the wipes out to wipe a cute little tooshy that they ask for it, because if it was then that would indeed be a little wasteful, seeing as how with two young ones I tend to change multiple poops throughout the day (one of the joys of having twins). But seriously, to keep these girls happy I only need to have rocks, sticks or wipes available for them and they are good to go. Why did we bother ever getting toys?

No comments: