We just had a recent bout of pink eye in our house. No fun. Never had to deal with it before so this was a learning experience. A few posts ago I talked about Porter's eye goop issue. We know now it was pink eye. At the time we weren't sure. It hit each kid a little differently. Porter got it first in his right eye and it went from a little eye goop in the morning to full blown nastiness by the evening. The next day the same thing happened to his left eye. And his eyes got majorly blood shot. 2 days after Porter first got it Simone got it in her right eye. It just got puffy, goopy and red, then the left eye was just a little goopy and puffy. Two days after that Scarlet still didn't have it so we were holding on to the thought that maybe she wouldn't get it. Ha! She woke up the next morning with it in both of her eyes. Scarlet's eyes kept constantly running with goop (disgusting!) but Simone's nose just kept constantly running. So I was always wiping somebody. Porter would wake up in the middle of the night freaking out because his eyes were stuck shut or they hurt if he opened them. The girls just kept waking up in the middle of the night because they were uncomfortable too. There was one night where I was getting up every single hour mostly. It sucked! And with all this great fun Simone also had a bad fever so she just constantly wanted to be held. And when Simone gets sick like that it takes her about a week to get over her fussiness and constantly whining, even though physically she is better, so her whininess is now finally going away. Needless to say, during all of this fun we didn't go out much because the kids looked nasty and we didn't want anyone else to get it. But I heard a bad case of pink eye had been going around and we were just lucky to get it. Anyway, here are some recent pics of the kids before all their eye nastiness:



We had two good ones of Scarlet and I couldn't choose.

Now here's all the nastiness:

Swelling had gone down but those dang bloody eyes just wouldn't go away. We called him our devil child :)

That's dirt on his face. We couldn't really go anywhere during this time so we spent a lot of time in our backyard.

Ah, sweet devil child.



Example of her fussiness.

I've been seeing this face a lot lately. Glad the whining is starting to go away. And what do you get when you mix a lot of crying with playing outside in the dirt? Muddy boogers.

On that beautiful day when we were playing outside in the dirt and Scarlet still didn't have it.

This was the next day.

But at least she was happy!
The kids are all over it now, thank goodness. That was a learning experience. Now scroll back up to the top and look at my beautiful kids again before they got pink eye :)
6 comments:
Geesh!
Hi Jeff and Amy, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!
they are still cute eyes even if they are goopy.
Hope this comes across okay, but Clinton and I were scrolling through the pictures laughing...the expressions and your writing combined was quite funny!
I'm glad their eyes are back to normal but you should be relieved to know that even as devils they are still quite cute!
That totally sucks! I am not sure I haven't checked the blog lately, but I haven't even kept up with ours at all. The kiddos look soooo big! Man- we rarely go anywhere anymore because these kids are too crazy. I think we might be in isolation until at least 2 years old- maybe even 3. I just can't hack it!We have this saying that there are just "two babies too many!" You know what I mean?! :)
Jeff and Amy, Do you know that Forex Is Highest Paying Keyword in Google Adsense? Learn how to use Forex here:
Post a Comment